MXR M-108 Equalizer
BBE Sonic Stomp
Ibanez TS-9

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
On instinct i wouldn't go for the tube screamer, personally i would be heading for the MXR
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Mxr
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Try them all out and see what you like best. The M-108 can go in front or in the loop, the Sonic Stomp works best in the loop and the TS9 goes up front. The TS9 and M-108 are completely different beasts though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
MXR

Most EQs will give you a boost especially if it has a volume slider like the MXR10 band or Dano 7 band.

If you are strickly down to those 3 pedals (for some reason) then get the EQ pedal. It will do far more for your tone than a strait up OD. It kinda depends on what amp you have and the EQ characteristics and Gain/Boost characteristics it has. Said generally.

I was kinda on a budget when I got my pedals so I compromised and got a Danelectro Fish and Chips 7 band for $40 and a Digitech Bad Monkey OD for $50. $90 total ain't bad but later on, I'm sure I'll upgrade both of those.
The MXR because you can, well, EQ, but also give a clean boost, which is what you'd be using the Ts9 for anyways, right?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Well the BBE would be to make my tone much more full and have a better clarity

the TS-9 is for tightening and boosting my tone for breakdownish type stuff

the MXR, well, a friend just recommended me that, but he also has a ts-9 and bbe and siad theyre total beasts

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
a clean boost will be like having more gain on tap. a eq will be a more useful tone shaping tool but wont be as transparent. an overdrive will give you more gain and change the character of your amp. it is really what you prefer and what your needs are. we cant decide for you.
Quote by no_thing101
a clean boost will be like having more gain on tap. a eq will be a more useful tone shaping tool but wont be as transparent. an overdrive will give you more gain and change the character of your amp. it is really what you prefer and what your needs are. we cant decide for you.

wat
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
^^ I'm not sure what he means either.

The mxr will be the best to achieve tone shaping beyond belief. It has 10 bands, so you can adjust more frequencies, add more bass, mids, or treble etc. It has a gain boost. And its completely transparent as its only shaping frequencies. If you get a Tubescreamer or aother OD, it will tighten your sound meaning it sounds not as distorted but still distorted, tigher. But it will also color your tone abit.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life

The mxr will be the best to achieve tone shaping beyond belief. It has 10 bands, so you can adjust more frequencies, add more bass, mids, or treble etc. It has a gain boost. And its completely transparent as its only shaping frequencies. If you get a Tubescreamer or aother OD, it will tighten your sound meaning it sounds not as distorted but still distorted, tigher. But it will also color your tone abit.

well i do need to tighten the tone, my marshall with the new kt77's is tighter than it was, but doesn't have the exact edge yet.

but the mxr is starting to sound quite useful

so does no one like the sonic stomp?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
It used to be well liked here, then people realized it sucks

Also, ditch that 5150 cab. Get a Avatar Contemporary with V30's for $579
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Yeah, we don't like the Sonic Stomp

And you could swap out your speakers only for something else or AVATAR ftw.

a quad of WGS Vet30 clones would run you about $250 US

Quote by JoePerry4life

it will tighten your sound meaning it sounds not as distorted but still distorted, tigher.

I'm not sure what that means either

just messin' you're right.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
wat

an eq will allow you to shape your tone but they generally do not have the same degree of fidelity as a good clean boost.
the fat cat distortion fits the bill

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ROLF

i made it special for this thread
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson