Hey, I have an ESP LTD mh-401 guitar equipped with a floyd rose special. I've noticed that whenever I retune and get it all set up, start to play and use the whammy bar, my strings start to go flat. They don't go violently flat, except my high E string which can sometimes go down to Eb.

The strings are over a month old, so they arent stretching really. And theyre elixirs so they still look and feel pretty fresh. I tightened the nut pretty well so that if I push down on the string after the nut, the tuning doesnt change. And I feel as if I have the locking clamp at the bridge pretty tight. I've turned it pretty much so that it wont proceed to turn very much.

The only other thing i can think of is something is alittle weird with the bridge itself. The guitar is only 2monthish old, so idno if it would need to be lubricated? I wouldnt know how to do all of that either..
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

if my strings are a month old then i feel like i need to replace them. when strings get old (and i consider a month old) they start to stretch out. even on my real floyd rose they go flat after a while. if you have a 401 series then its prob a liscensed tremolo so some of the components might not be the best (springs ect...). if its a consistent problem then take it to a guitar tech and have him look at it
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
It could be the strings, it could be needing lube, it could be that the bridge is slightly not parallel.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
lube the knife edges. and read this... (read ALL of it!)

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/tuning_stability.htm

and put particular focus on the last paragraph. the one that starts with "Note - 100% trem float would mean it ..."
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
My guess would be worn knife edges or wrong spring tension. Probably not the springs but the springs went bad in a very cheap floyd my buddy had in his guitar a new set fixed it.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab