Page 1 of 4
Whatsup.

I started this thread cos the question wasn't seen in my other one.
I'm looking for video games that seem to go on forever, in a good way that is. One's that have really long storylines. I've heard that Baldur's Gate 2 is epicly long, and I want to know some games like that. Also, don't count games like the sims and **** like that.

thanks
fallout 3. i got it the day it came out, yet i still haven't completed all the quests.

also, Diablo 2. if you can find it. it came out in 2000 so its pretty hard to find now. it is however very very long, and pure brilliance the whole way through
farcry 2

EDIT:
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
fallout 3. i got it the day it came out, yet i still haven't completed all the quests.

also, Diablo 2. if you can find it. it came out in 2000 so its pretty hard to find now. it is however very very long, and pure brilliance the whole way through

lol u can find D2 anywhere
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Last edited by kingofdudes161 at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Hergiswi
Tetris

One time my uncle was about to beat Tetris and unlock the secret ending, but then KGB agents kicked down his door and took his Nintendo
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
fallout 3.

This. And its counterpart, The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Hard to find? It's readily available for online purchase/download from Blizzard..
I finished Fallout 3. I however did not finish GTA San Andreas. It got boring.
i don't really like fallout 3 but ill defs try oblivion more (once a get a comp with more than 512mb ram and a single core **** cpu)
Quote by Ekofu
Hard to find? It's readily available for online purchase/download from Blizzard..

i meant in stores. i haven't seen it in stores for a long time. hell if its that easy to find though, you MUST get it because its fantastic
Quote by kashuul
One time my uncle was about to beat Tetris and unlock the secret ending, but then KGB agents kicked down his door and took his Nintendo

Those BASTARDS! It's always when you least expect them.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

This. Look for RPGs, they tend to be long.

Other great ones, Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 (made by same people as fallout 3)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

Also Mass Effect

All of the ones I mentioned are long to begin with, have multiple ways to play through (provided you don't mind redoing the same quests a few times, though you can use different strategies and things), and when you're done doing everything the stock game has to offer, MODS!!!!! (except mass effect.. i don't think it has any mods, but the two Kotor games have a decent enough, and the mod community for the elder scrolls games and fallout 3 are HUGE)
Any game with replay value, so alot of GTA sandbox type games...
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i meant in stores. i haven't seen it in stores for a long time. hell if its that easy to find though, you MUST get it because its fantastic

I still see it every time I pass through Wal-Mart's entertainment section.
Mass Effect
For some ****ing reason I cant get the achivements for the allies.
GTA San Andreas
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
assassin's creed >__>

if you decide to do every quest and side mission etc.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by Akridosity
Freelancer

I forgot about this one!

Decently long story, and once it's done, you can keep going from where you ended and literally do whatever you want, and there are loads of mods for this too; it's also pretty easy to mod stuff yourself, as long as you don't want to add things in.

EDIT : to the guy who said assassin's creed :

It's fairly long, and a very interesting story, but if you do every little side thing, it'll get INSANELY repetitive, and doesn't really have much replay value. Once you've gone through once, it'll get kinda boring fast, because you'll just be doing the same things over again, and you do enough of the same thing over and over in just one playthrough.
Last edited by dark&broken at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by magnus_maximus
You have to do the "completionist" achievement style playthrough to get the achievement with them. That is, you have to do every assignment, explore every planet, find enough materials etc, for all of them.

Damn 4 more playthroughs for me...
Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1&2...most of those isometric RPGs
Quote by magnus_maximus
40 hours max. Fallout 3 has about 80.

Oh, and I'd saaay....Civilization III, Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari (epic old game), Hearts of Iron II, The Orange Box (for TF2)....

Yeah. Mostly strategy and a couple of shooters.

And Gaming Thread.

I got over 60 on oblivion and im no where close to done the main quest. It took my friend 120 Hours to beat Oblivion. Fallout is just as big. I suggest you go back and play them again if all you got was 40 and 80 hours of gameplay.
Quote by Ekofu
I still see it every time I pass through Wal-Mart's entertainment section.

Yeah, So Do I.
Quote by magnus_maximus
I'm an efficient gamer. And to be fair, that was on my longest file. I have three files on Fallout averaging 60 hours but only 2 files on Oblviion of about (I understated earlier) about 50 hours each.

Now I put it that way...

I think I have over 70 or so hours I go for achivements and Im at 41 of 60
Football Manager. It just never ends!
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Chuck Norris Beat Tetris.

bruce lee beats chuck norris
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
I spent around 70 hours playing Donkey Kong 64 because I collected every single golden banana in that game.. I had too much spare time as a child!

I dunno what the longest game is just to complete the regular story mode though... Zelda games are usually pretty long.
The Pokemon games, if you wanna catch 'em all o f course. And any MMO like EverQuest or World of Warcraft won't ever end. Really, all the long games are RPGs.

Or you could play PacMan.
Assassin's Creed is really long if you get all the flags. And I don't know if it counts, but Runescape?
Fable 2. I can only stand to play through one character. The story!!!
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Stronghold crusader.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Quote by Akridosity
Freelancer

YES!!!!! Thanks to you I am now installing it on my computer.
Galaga ends, but i doubt youll make it to stage 256
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Page 1 of 4