...up the sound of my low wattage tube amp, which I crank to 7 for my distortion?

I love the sound of it, I just want to get rid of some of the flubbyness.

I was thinking maybe an overdrive or distortion pedal in front of the amp?
"teh most gains"
an overdrive will probably do you better than a distortion in most tube amps. And since you're using tube distortion now you'll still get tube distortion sounds out of an OD more so than a distortion pedal (there are exceptions, just cant think of any worthwhile ones for the sake of argument).

The TS9 and TS808 are always popular.

The OCD is a big hit around here and i cant blame anyone, its good.

Visual Sound Route808? great 808 clone

Maxon OD-808. SUPPOSEDLY better version of the TS. seems popular with the metal guys

Visual Sound Open Road. lookin at gettin this one myself. its relatively new and Im loving the clips. espcially gearmandude's route808 vs. open road video

EDIT: I think that pretty much all of these will result in a tighter tone. now it just depends on what flavor you want there are other choices still of course. lots of them, but these are the classics/latest hits
Last edited by Bright Light at Jun 30, 2009,
turn down bass and turn up mids
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Kiegels. Just practice them while you're sitting reading the UG boards and -

Oh, wait.

Edit: Seriously though, an overdrive for a clean boost should do the trick.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
With the amp cranked at 7 an OD won't make much of a difference.

the power tubes are getting saturated
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
good point.....i guess i figured an OD with level set at '0' might tighten things up a bit.

depending on amp and all

With the right OD he might not need to crank the amp to PT saturation levels, though.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
On a slightly related note, I wish I could achieve power tube saturation without being heard in Brazil.

Buy a cheap eq like the fish n chips. Put the volume slider full, and buy a cheap OD like the bad monkey. Level max, gain to your liking. Worked well when I used a crate v18, as the gain was floppy, I think thats the word lol.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by WSR66
turn down bass and turn up mids

This. Also, yea, use a boost.

Bandwagon will tell you low wattage tube amps can't do metal.

I'll kick the bandwagon in the nuts.

Overdrive or a Graphic EQ will do wonders as well.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores