Have bugera seemingly sorted out their technical issues? If i bought one how could i ensure it was a latest model and not 2007 or 08?
by the serial number, ive heard the new ones have better transformers??? im pretty sure that was what was wrong with the old ones.
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
ah. well transformers arent that difficult or expensive to replace are they? like it you had to take it to a local repair guy?
yea that would probably work, i just bought mine off ams about 2 hours ago so we will see how reliable they are
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
I bought my bugera about 5-7 months ago. It has some pretty bad feedback. It also broke down on me, but beerchurch has a blog about how to fix it. The clip from the transformer i think, becomes oxidized and cant sent the connection so you need to solder the wires directly. This tends to be the main reason Bugera's breakdown, but the fix works.

The tone from this thing as well as the low price tage more than make up for these flaws.
The very nature of the amp, I think, lends itself to not being reliable. They're made very cheaply and the high-gain design is more sensitive to issues, so you'll sacrifice durability there.

That said, it does appear that they've worked out some of the kinks with solder, transformers, and tubes. That should help.

And no, transformers are not a matter of a cheap trip to your local tech. Transformers are by far the most expensive part of the amp (a good aftermarket set would likely cost nearly as much as the amp itself) and it's not something a tech would likely have in stock.
Or you can not just buy one.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
The transformer clip thing is fixed in the newer versions. The only thing that's shoddy about these amps is the tubes that come with it.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Roc8995
The very nature of the amp, I think, lends itself to not being reliable. They're made very cheaply and the high-gain design is more sensitive to issues, so you'll sacrifice durability there.

That said, it does appear that they've worked out some of the kinks with solder, transformers, and tubes. That should help.

And no, transformers are not a matter of a cheap trip to your local tech. Transformers are by far the most expensive part of the amp (a good aftermarket set would likely cost nearly as much as the amp itself) and it's not something a tech would likely have in stock.
more people need to realize this. I know we all love cheap stuff, but need to realize that the cheapness is going to come at a cost.
I'll let you know soon enough. My replacement 6262 is coming in next week that is supposed to have a few new reliability fixes. We'll see how that goes.