Page 1 of 3
But now you love them. What made you start liking them?

For myself here's some examples.

-Blooddrunk - Not much of a fan of his voice, but i do like the sound of this.
-Vermillion - Actually scared me at first listening to it late at night.
-Four Words to choke upon - When they made good songs (apparently making a full on out there metalcore album is to easy for them. And then theirs scream aim fire.. Hmm

So share your tunes.
All Radiohead albums usually take a few spins to grow on me. The only two I don't like are the first one and the last one, and I've both given them the prerequisite number of spins, so w/e.

I also used to loathe that Beatles song, the Ballad of John and Yoko, but now I really loveit.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Heartless. I hate Kanye West, but let's face it. That's a good-ass song once you listen to it a few times.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
destroyer by static x.
and plays pretty for baby by saosin.
hated both at first...
but now i have them on my ipod... :[
So cold by breaking benjamin, but then i heard the acoustic version and i started liking it.
Just about everything by Fear Before.. Didn't really like them all that much, BUT OMG THEY ARE AMAZING
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
Just about everything by Fear Before.. Didn't really like them all that much, BUT OMG THEY ARE AMAZING

What are some good songs to listen to? I have their last two albums but I haven't been able to get into them
Animal Collective initially took a little getting used to with most of their songs, I mean at first I was like what the fuck is this? Then I was at my friend's and he was listening to one of their albums, can't remember which, and I remember wondering what the band was because it was so good.
that crabcore song
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Stick Stickly by Attack Attack. I had to listen to it without the music video to actually like it.
John Myung, the bass god with nimble, asian basketweaving fingers! \.../

Quote by Sonis3
+∞

Quote by HelloHalo
Anything by Lamb of God. At first I really just couldn't stand the vocals, and thought they ruined the band's music, but they grew on me. I'm moreof a fan of melodic vocals, not the screamo or growly types.....
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
I actually disliked Judas Priest's "Electric Eye". I put it on my MP3 player with the intent to listen to it, then when I finally did I didn't like the intro much (and by that, I mean I listened to it for about 5 seconds before switching to Painkiller). Anyway, one day I decided to give it another shot, and I realized I absolutely love his voice in the song and giving the guitaring a second chance I actually really liked it. I now play it constantly.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
she builds quick machines - velvet revolver. i used find the verses annoying with the guitar playing the same melody as the singer. but then a couple months after it came out i listened to it again and i actually liked how they arranged the verses, that and the pre-chorus when scott screams
everything by king diamond...

at first when i heard the vox i was like WTF... then after like a week i got the family ghost stuck in my head and i started looking up his music and buying albums.

now hes my 2nd favorite band ever.
Top 5 Bands (ATM)
1. King Diamond
2. Ensiferum
3. Korpiklaani
4. Immortal
5. Dark Angel
Almost every song I hear by All that Remains

Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper albums

And all of the three bands that got me into metal- Disturbed, Slipknot and Bullet for My Valentine.
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
I used to hate Chick Corea, but now I can't listen to him enough.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by COBHC145
Almost every song I hear by All that Remains
Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper albums

And all of the three bands that got me into metal- Disturbed, Slipknot and Bullet for My Valentine.

I'm starting to get sick of them. I loved them so much, but now their tone annoys me.
Last Goodbye by Black Label Society
All of A7X
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
"One Armed Scissor" by At The Drive-In

When I listened to it the first time, I was like... 13? I hated Cedric's voice, I thought overall the song was pretty lame.

I'm 16 now and completely in love with ATDI.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
BTBAM, as you can see from my avatar.

When I fist got into metal, I downloaded Alaska, but couldn't listen to the vocals for more than a few seconds without changing the song. Now I think Tommy Rogers is one of the best vocalists I've ever heard (after I listened to Colors a couple weeks later).
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Heartless. I hate Kanye West, but let's face it. That's a good-ass song once you listen to it a few times.

no actually that entire album was a huge letdown.

my vote:
coheed and cambria - a favor house atlantic

i immediately heard claudio's voice and i thought AARRGHH this horrible but then i heard the rest of iksose3 and i fell in love with it.
Go Veg.
all of the a7x self-titled cd minus afterlife and almost easy
studio version of seek and destroy cuz james balls hadn't drop yet
XBOX Live GT: a b0wl 0f nails
Freak On A Leash - Korn.

Oddly enough, first hearing of it was on Guitar Hero. Overall, all right song.
I won't lie, I really am a terrible guitarist. I'm learning though, so I would appreciate a bit of patience if I ask stupid questions or make incorrect statements.

Please and thank you.
Pulse of the Maggots, but then i started to get into heavier stuff now its almost my fav
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
Quote by Pat_s1t
BTBAM, as you can see from my avatar.

When I fist got into metal, I downloaded Alaska, but couldn't listen to the vocals for more than a few seconds without changing the song. Now I think Tommy Rogers is one of the best vocalists I've ever heard (after I listened to Colors a couple weeks later).

yeah same but i started with silent circus. couldnt stand it but then i soon realized what was actually going on
Quote by multipleofone
What are some good songs to listen to? I have their last two albums but I haven't been able to get into them

Their last 2 albums are actually the only 2 I like, so experimental.

My favorite song is on 'Fear Before' titled "Everything's Not Sh*tty"
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
"When I'm 64" by The Beatles.

When I first heard it, I was like "What the **** is this?"

Now, I love it.
I remember skipping "The Thing That Should Not Be" off of Master of Puppets album when I first got it.
Now I love it
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
I use to think John Mayer was just poppy **** until I actually sat down and listened to a record.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Spicer001
I remember skipping "The Thing That Should Not Be" off of Master of Puppets album when I first got it.
Now I love it

how dare you

also i never used to like rain wizard by BSC, but now it's one of my all time favourite songs
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
When my sister first had me listen to all AFD - GN'R and was like how mint is this.

I was like, yeah whatever, then couldn't get the opening of SCOM out of my head a few weeks later picked up guitar and never stoppped since.

My sister, that band and that album are a bleeding godsend
Galvanise - The Chemical Brothers

Of course, that was about 3 years ago.
A lot of Opeth stuff. The almost complete lack of a conventional structure of procession took some time getting used to, but I find the bulk of their songs quite nice now.
Page 1 of 3