Ok guy's I'm looking for a new guitar, and also new pick ups for my other guitar

what I have right now consists of a
Dean Razorback DB
Peavy 15w Vypyr- Its fine for where I play, don't need a big amp for the bedroom

I want to make the Razorback a downtuned guitar dropC- DropB- dropA, you get the point.

I want to keep the new guitar in E or Drop D, I play anything ranging from blues, Rock, Metal, Deathmetal, Metalcore and the razorback is nice on the low tunings but I want a guitar that has good pickups, as the Deans are **** and are going to be replaced soon for something more active.

I have looked at alot of
Ec-401's- like them but will the Emg's sound good through a vypyr, don't say the ec-1000's the abalone binding looks to gaudy

Epi Les Paul customs- I like but the body hurts when I play it sitting down unlike the Esp that has the body curve, I like more of the MIJ versions along with the other companys that make them

Edwards Les Paul Custom- I hear there good, but can't find one that I can play

So help me find a new guitar Priced under $1000 but I can go over a little

also what pick ups would be good for the Dean to play low Tunings and heavy music to get every sound.

Thanks, ED
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Last edited by electricdeath at Jun 30, 2009,
Get a horizon II (NT or FR)... amazing, if not, get a MH401, i would say MH1000 but you apparently dont like the abalone, where as i love it. EMG's only really sound good through a tube amp... active pickups sound kinda blah through solid state amps.

and about the low tunings... you might want to upgrade your amp before you get a new guitar.
Last edited by SPBY at Jun 30, 2009,
you have almost $1000 dollars to spend on a guitar, and you're looking at epiphones?
go for something better. If you want a les paul style guitar that can do metal, look at an esp ec-1000 with the seymour duncan jb/jazz pickup combo
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
If you have a grand, get a better amp. You could find something like a 5150 used in your price range.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by SPBY

and about the low tunings... you might want to upgrade your amp before you get a new guitar.

I don't really need a bigger or better amp this one suites me fine for where I play because I'm not in a band I don't really need a huge amp yet. thank you for the input though
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by electricdeath
I don't really need a bigger or better amp this one suites me fine for where I play because I'm not in a band I don't really need a huge amp yet. thank you for the input though

not saying a bigger amp, just... better, the vypyrs are ok tho...
Quote by electricdeath

1. A better guitar isn't gonna really improve your tone that much through your amp.
2. Low tunings are gonna have terrible bass response through your amp, 1 small speaker just can't do low end chugging justice.

Unless your guitar is currently unplayable for you, the best bang for your buck as far as tone improvement goes would be a new amplifier.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
every one here is part right and part wrong:
TS:you will need a better amp to get good dorp C and B chugging sounds.
Guise: he is not asking for a better tone. just for a guitar to keep in standard.

So, i recommend the ESP.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
every one here is part right and part wrong:
TS:you will need a better amp to get good dorp C and B chugging sounds.
Guise: he is not asking for a better tone. just for a guitar to keep in standard.

So, i recommend the ESP.

OHHHH I misread his original post. Sorry! Then yes, an ESP EC of some sort would you suit you great.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra