Page 1 of 2
...?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
They're impressed for a few seconds by skill, but are infinitely impressed by a few chords on acoustic and some half-assed singing.
They don't usually care that you're a great player, just that you play guitar, but you can't be fugly
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by ShallowEndings
Do me now you dirty man (the female)

Ok.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I think it works if you own a guitar,

Therefore I could used my Ibanez that has no electronics or bridge. And sing the notes.

That may not actually work though

MONKEYINTHEDIT:

On a serious note, so many chicks I know are like "You play an instrument? Which one?" To which I reply "Well I'm probably one of the better drummers I know, and I'm semi good at guitar" And they say "Oh my god, you play guitar! That's awesome!"

Get it?
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Last edited by monkeysintheday at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
It's cool for a while. But then they'll go find some douche with a motorcycle.

That's cool. I do both. Until she finds some guy with a better guitar and better bike
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
What's with the threads asking people to generalize the entire female gender? Some girls will be very impressed, some won't care at all, and some will react on any part of the spectrum in between.

Play guitar for yourself, not other people.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by ShallowEndings
Oh take a joke.

Too late, dude.

*scratches crotch*
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Has anyone ever met a girl that actually likes shred? I can strum some acoustic stuff and their panties get soaked, but when I bust out the Paul Gilbert songs, they get bored and get turned off.
how do you mean great? if Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix and stuff is what you're thinking, then women think "I want their penises in my vagina, I don't care if they're ugly, high, or even dead." but if you mean great as in a terrifically talented guitarist, then most of them are pretty nerdy, and chicks won't allow penetration until they get signed to a sweet record deal.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
What is a great guitar player?

Is it one who continuously make new accounts on UG to spam the recording threads with clips of themselves wanking and making spam threads in the Pit about "great guitar players"?

???

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Playing guitar isn't even cool anymore

I remember in 9th grade picking up a guitar because I wanted to play music. I had no idea that every other guy plays guitar in high school to get chicks (stairway to heaven, ALWAYS), goddamn tools!
Ignorance is what it's about, 99% of people don't even know what's difficult to play and what takes talent. Even the musicians themselves.

Plus, it depends on what they like. If they know the song chances are they'll like it better.

Although I was a nobody at my school that I started in this year, in my talent show I got 2nd place (beaten by the most popular kid in the school basically, all the plays he's in, and he's like the president of the honor roll) and the teachers had to pick so yeah.

I played guitar with my teeth though.
In my high school there were Guitar 1 and Guitar 2 and Advanced Guitar classes. Every other person at the school had their guitar with them. It was almost better to NOT play guitar. Guitar isn't even cool anymore. Everyone plays it. Most suck, but people don't seem to care for the talented players anymore.
if you play hey there delilah or any of that indie/girly crap, then they like it. but if you're into anything else, be it classical, metal, jazz, anything else, they are put off by the fact that they can't relate immediately cos you're not playing some popular OAR song or whatever. thats as far as i understand it.
Pointless dick-waggling. But if you play them Wonderwall their hearts will sing a beautiful song.
I'm a MAN!
From my experience, girls only act impressed by guitar playing. it shows later when your doing something you think is awesome and they don't really care, or if you see something on you tube of someone doing something sweet they don't really care.

I think the girls that actually play guitar find it attractive. I'll say myself I think its hot as **** when a girl can play guitar.
Quote by Oroborous
Playing guitar isn't even cool anymore

I remember in 9th grade picking up a guitar because I wanted to play music. I had no idea that every other guy plays guitar in high school to get chicks (stairway to heaven, ALWAYS), goddamn tools!

This
no chicks don't dig the guitar players anymore and they don't care about shredders, i remember once i was in my bro's college helping them with some band rehearsal stuff and im sitting there and playing no remorse and no one even gives a ****, i then play time of your life and the chicks freak out and im sitting there thinking what the hell is wrong with them
I'm always impressed by great guitarists, make those guys hotter. Sucky guitarists that act all sensitive with their acoustic guitars are really annoying and I don't like that type at all, not interested.

Disclaimer: Though I am a girl, I'm on this website, play guitar, and thus have a different view than most.
Quote by skaterskagg1
In my high school there were Guitar 1 and Guitar 2 and Advanced Guitar classes. Every other person at the school had their guitar with them. It was almost better to NOT play guitar. Guitar isn't even cool anymore. Everyone plays it. Most suck, but people don't seem to care for the talented players anymore.
You had guitar classes in your school?

My school life now sucks in comparison to yours.
I've been to a place somewhere a tad north of me where there's always like 70 guys with guitars with circles of chicks around them.

I always stand there to see how good they are and it's always like "Damn, this isn't good"

There was one senior in my school last year I knew who would bring his guitar in and play in the middle of lunch, he was cool though, and actually knew how to play.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
It's cool for a while. But then they'll go find some douche with a motorcycle.

I ride a motorcycle too so I win. I lose on the douche part though. I guess I only get half the pussy.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Disclaimer: Though I am a girl, I'm on this website, play guitar, and thus have a different view than most.

You're smart, it's unfortunate you don't represent a large portion of the female population.
I played my guitar for my girlfriend, but she seemed bored and uncomfortable... She dumped me a couple weeks later.
Quote by Pat_s1t
You had guitar classes in your school?

My school life now sucks in comparison to yours.

Yeah, but no one actually knew how to play. For most people in the classes, it was their first time ever playing guitar. While they were learning to play an Em I was shedding away. Yet no one cared because everyone and their dog was taking the guitar classes. Guitar has become way to common now a days.
Quote by Toastbot
Pointless dick-waggling. But if you play them Wonderwall their hearts will sing a beautiful song.

Wonderwall is a good song, but douchebags with guitars ruined it.
technikkal skills lol whats taht? to many notes is just boooooooring. i leik to heer teh majer cords and shitty whiny singing. sturm strum strum. their so happyyyyyyyyyyy! and prettyyyyyyy lol. yay lol
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Page 1 of 2