Page 1 of 2
Yeah I want to know. Currently my GPA is like 3.19 or something like that and I'm going into my junior year. I need to know how much I'm gonna need to raise it to get into a good college.
Quote by thewantonman
i wish you good luck dude

But that 2.1 wont matter when I get the ACT score I know I'm capable of. Anything below a 30 and I will be extremely disappointed.
I got into N.C. State's College of Engineering with a GPA of 4.0. I think it was more my SAT that did it, though - 1410 (2040 total)

Starting this fall. I'm nervous as hell.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Graduated with a 3.5 and I now go to Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
I graduated with a 3.85 and a 30 on my ACT.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

well, there are 3 gpa's that i am told matter at all
1. my raw gpa over 4 years (approx. 3.75)
2. my gpa adjusted for AP course difficulty (approx. 3.9)
3. gpa sophomore and junior year, which is what my college looks at (approx. 3.85)

i am going to the University of Michigan this fall
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Mine sucked but I raped the SAT's. Got a 1750.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Currently a senior in high school and my cumulative GPA is right around 3.8... but I got 32 on the ACT Plus Writing. I'll probably end up going to Ferris State University here in Michigan...

But I'm gonna apply to MIT just to see if they accept me...
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
going into senior year, I have an overall GPA of 3.65. My GPA from sophomore and junior year only is somewhere between 3.5 and 3.4. Got a 1850 on my SAT. Gonna take it again and try to break 2000
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
i'm not sure what my gpa was, but i got two Bs. we don't count the +/-. so now i go to UC berkeley.

but it sounds like you're gonna have to do much better, with all the budget cuts and stuff. a lot of the kids who graduated from my high school this year sound like they got screwed.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by guitarsftw
well, there are 3 gpa's that i am told matter at all
1. my raw gpa over 4 years (approx. 3.75)
2. my gpa adjusted for AP course difficulty (approx. 3.9)
3. gpa sophomore and junior year, which is what my college looks at (approx. 3.85)

i am going to the University of Michigan this fall

You live in East Lansing and you're going to U of M?

anyways, I got a 3.4 and I'm going to Ferris State Univeristy...
Quote by misterfarenheit
3.0 GPA
1460 SAT (old SAT, out of 1600)
all SAT 2's above 700

UC Davis

Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
i'm going to be a senior in highschool.
gpa is 4.25.
but i fail at sat's
i got a 1600.

so i'm going to redo that.
I plan on going to ucla hopefully.
I just went to california boys state.
and have worked on an internship at ucla for two weeks.

hopefully i get in.
Quote by strat335
You live in East Lansing and you're going to U of M?

actually, our graduating class in East Lansing has more UofM goers than MSU goers. it's crazy. but i decided to do it before it was cool! also, my parents are both MSU grads, but Grandpa taught there, my Grandma worked there, my Uncles went there, and all that jazz. i have been shunned. especially when i bought season football tickets. but screw em, education is education, and i'm gettin me some good education.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I don't even have to graduate to get into the college I'm going to. I have a 3.5 though.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Ok my GPA is about 3.2. How much higher do you guys think I could possibly raise it in 2 years, provided I get all A's and B's?
I've got a 3.08 unadjusted and 3.32 after adjustments but I get nearly perfect or perfect scores on nearly every standardized test thing we take and I would say I play guitar pretty good so I think I can get into some sort of music college, whether that be as prestigious as Berklee or just something in Texas I'm practically guaranteed to get into like North Texas.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yeah any advice? im goin into junior year with a 2.96... i will be able to step it up a notch or two though because frosh and soph year i didnt put forth much effort

and maybe just through out a well known school that i could probably get into just so i could get an idea of what im lookin at
I'm going to be a senior in high school and I have a GPA of 4.3 with AP classes. I got a 1940 on the SAT. Not sure where I'm going to go to college.
(I'm not entirely sure what it translates to on the 4.0 scale so feel free to tell me)

I graduated with a 90, and I'm in NYU.

I firmly believe my admission essay is what got me in. (my SAT was 1440/1600, 2060/2400)
Quote by GettintheLedout
(I'm not entirely sure what it translates to on the 4.0 scale so feel free to tell me)

I graduated with a 90, and I'm in NYU.

I firmly believe my admission essay is what got me in. (my SAT was 1440/1600, 2060/2400)

how do you like NYU?
Quote by mikemangone
i'm going to be a senior in highschool.
gpa is 4.25.
but i fail at sat's
i got a 1600.

so i'm going to redo that.
I plan on going to ucla hopefully.
I just went to california boys state.
and have worked on an internship at ucla for two weeks.

hopefully i get in.

Dude.

City. Party. What are they.

I went just last week too
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
i graduated hs witha 3.8 gpa and im headin to pennstate university (abington campus) this coming year
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Quote by thewantonman
how do you like NYU?

Some of the people are twats, most of the people are trying WAY too hard to be liberal. And some of the people are WEIRD.

But some of the people are fuckin awesome.

It's not easy, and as a lazy-ass slacker this can be a problem, but rarely is the material boring.

Writing The Essay (core class) sucks so hard.

And as a religious jew, politically conservative upper-middle class guy, its a bit........ awkward sometimes. But it makes for some great arguments .

I don't dorm, I live in Brooklyn so I commute. It sucks. And I can't really tell you how the community is.

I love it.
Page 1 of 2