I played a Schector with blackouts and loved it. So i thought about putting a set in my EC-1000. It has Seymour Duncan JB/'59 PUPs in it now, but i was thinking of putting the jb/59 in my sg, and putting blackouts in my EC-1000. First off, would it sound good? im looking for a good metal sound. It will run through a Mesa Dual Rectifier.

And lastly, could i put an EMG afterburner with Blackouts?

EDIT: I have a good metal sound now, but the JB/'59s dont always handle drop tunings great.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Last edited by paintballcrazy7 at Jul 1, 2009,
It should sound quite similar to the Schecter (only play a lot better cuz Schecters have rowboats for necks).

Ideally, yeah, you should be able to use the afterburner, but I doubt you'd need more gain than what those pickups put out, especially goin through a Recto.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
It should sound quite similar to the Schecter (only play a lot better cuz Schecters have rowboats for necks).

Ideally, yeah, you should be able to use the afterburner, but I doubt you'd need more gain than what those pickups put out, especially goin through a Recto.

very good point.now outta curiousity, are they hard to wire up, or should i get it professionally wired?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by Shinozoku

normally, id agree, but try out the blackjack atx. the necks are quite amazing. i hate every other schector neck.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Learn to use the Edit button And I believe I have tried the ATX. Its slightly better, but now I get to bitch about the sticky finished necks I know they wear down over time and are super sexy smooth, but I prefer bare/satin/oiled wood.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

eh. good point. sorry bout the edit button. i suck at computers. do you personally thing theyd be better in the les paul [ec-1000] or better if i bought an ibanez rgt42fxqm and put em in it?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Put em in the guitar that you have that's more comfortable for you (the EC, I take it). I personally can't play Ibanez guitars because the fretboads are radiused too flat and the necks are too thin. I prefer the rounder ESP style neck/radius.

Stupid name.