I Run A Ibanez Rg Series Electric And A Standard Fender Amp. I Use A Boss

Metal Core Pedal And A Volume Pedal, And I Have A Problem.

I Want The Most Metal Sounding Guitar Sound Possible With Out A Static

Explosion Of Sound And Noise, I Either Have To Much Gain Or Not Enough.

is Their Any Pedal Or Specal Way To Balance Distortion Wile Maintaining A

Sound That Is Clear?
Welcome to the forums buddy, I just experiment with amp settings. But I'm sure theres an easier way
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Modern metal is just maxed highs and lows; no mids...Find a gain that works and there you go.
Sort of.
Mess with some settings and the knobs on your guitar.

Edit:
Try half gain and use a booster.
If not, then...idk
Last edited by MannyC2107 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by KindOfDisturbed
I Run A Ibanez Rg Series Electric And A Standard Fender Amp. I Use A Boss

Metal Core Pedal And A Volume Pedal, And I Have A Problem.

I Want The Most Metal Sounding Guitar Sound Possible With Out A Static

Explosion Of Sound And Noise, I Either Have To Much Gain Or Not Enough.

is Their Any Pedal Or Specal Way To Balance Distortion Wile Maintaining A

Sound That Is Clear?
1 - Ibanez makes a ton of different RG series guitars.

2 - Fender makes a ton of different amps. Which one is the "standard" one.

3 - You don't seem to be talking about building or customizing. Try Guitar Gear & Accessories, but be more specific in your OP.

4 - *reported*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
heres a few tips:

turn off caps lock
tell us what guitar and amp you have, specifics please
dont put extra spaces between lines
try to make things easy to read

after that, you can make a thread in the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum, or just try some settings from the settings thread.
Quote by KindOfDisturbed
Without A Static Explosion Of Sound And Noise

... Wile Maintaining A Sound That Is Clear?

I think he is unsatisfied with his signal to noise ratio but he doesn't know how to say it. I think we can help him. first off, stop using crappy pedals or better yet stop using pedals at all. most people who have all the gear they want get the sound from the amp, not the pedal. just a thought. you can use pedals but it helps if they are a better quality. one way to tell is if it is all analog and true-bypass. crappy pedals and even good ones give you a gain loss that results in a poor signal to noise ration when you amplify the signal again. if your ibby RG has **** pickups and wirring then thats your first problem. also look at the cables. monster cable or something better is highly recommended. click my signature and scroll down to the story on good cables.

lets review

guitar:
good pickups, pots, switches, wires, shielding if necessary. also some single coils are going to hum when used alone. thats life.

cable:
dont buy crappy cables, foot switch cable can also be overlooked. bad footswitch cables can also create feedback or hum.

pedals:
dont use them for know until you figure out where the tone suck is happening. if you find the pedal was the problem then start looking for something similar but of a much higher quality.

Amp:
buy quality. if you dont buy a decent tube amp then get a NICE solid state amp like the orange crush 30R

lastly, as a general rule, anything solid state tends to either distort or loose the high frequencies. its just not as good as tubes. also bad or long cable runs will shave off your highs. once the resistance in the cable increases, the cable becomes like a capacitor. like the tone knob on your guitar.

A-B your stuff and isolate the problem. and tell us exactly what your using. feel free to PM me also.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.