I have a jay turser JT 220 LP copy, and its a very nice guitar, well made, the neck is smooth and easy to play on, but i wanted to upgrade the pick ups on it. I play mostly hard rock alt. rock etc etc. Not alot of metal, MAYBE a metallica cover or two, but mainly theory of a deadman, breaking benjamin, shinedown, sixx:am etc.

I was looking at Seymour Duncans, mainly the SH-1 for the neck or the SH-2 for the neck and SH-4 for the bridge. I was wondering if those would help me get the tone i need.

If the amp i use matters, i use a Spider 3 120 for practice, but for gigs by uncle lets me use his Marshall Modern Vintage or JCM800.

Another i guess that may be a note worthy question, would buying another guitar with these pick ups be a viable option, as far as cost and/or labor etc is concerned?
^^Gibson pickups generally aren't worht the price.

How often do you gig? Changing pickups with the line 6 spider isn't going to help at all. You may be bette roff saving for a new practice amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
SH-1 for the neck and a Dimi SD for the bridge.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by JoePerry4life
^^Gibson pickups generally aren't worht the price.

How often do you gig? Changing pickups with the line 6 spider isn't going to help at all. You may be bette roff saving for a new practice amp.

Well, im trying to get my uncle to "donate" one of his. I tried saying that he doesn't need a MV AND a JCM.

The thing is, im only 16, and i have a full time job during the summer, so money isn't really an issue, as i have nothing to spend it on. So i really wanna invest in some new pick ups for this guitar (i love the guitar) and then move onto getting a new amp.