This is not going to go well...

People hate Line 6 Spiders on this forum. Never tried one myself, but apparently they're sh!t.
What kind of music do you play?

What guitar do you have?

What's your budget? Currency?

Can you visit a guitar store?
They are OK practice amps, especially if you can get a good deal on it.

However, there are many better options out there for the price (Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr)

You should also consider whether you could use software amp simulators, as they are free and provide better tone than most cheap digital practice amps.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
However, there are many better options out there for the price (Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr)

You should also consider whether you could use software amp simulators, as they are free and provide better tone than most cheap digital practice amps.

+1
Cube, Vypyr > Spider anyday. Trust me
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I might get flamed for this, and I hated my Line 6 too, but I've realised, it's not bad, once you get over the presets and start making our on sounds. I got a superb Satriani lead tone on the Crunch channel with the distortion boost and the delay. The clean tones are very usable. I didn't like the Metal channel, it doesn't have that chunk, but the Insane channel with the drive turned down slightly is very good for thrash/post thrash.

I would recommend it, if you're patient enough to sit and dial in your own tones.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

They serve their purpose well enough as a practice amp.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by goonerbynature
I might get flamed for this, and I hated my Line 6 too, but I've realised, it's not bad, once you get over the presets and start making our on sounds. I got a superb Satriani lead tone on the Crunch channel with the distortion boost and the delay. The clean tones are very usable. I didn't like the Metal channel, it doesn't have that chunk, but the Insane channel with the drive turned down slightly is very good for thrash/post thrash.

I would recommend it, if you're patient enough to sit and dial in your own tones.

I agree, the Insane channel, with max. mids, half bass and 1/3rd treble with low gain actually doesn't sound too bad, and is quite dynamic.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Deep*Kick
They serve their purpose well enough as a practice amp.

this.

if you just want a practice amp they are fine but lack features (because smartass line 6 put all the better features on the higher wattage models to sucker you into paying more for a uselessly loud practice amp). I think my favourite practice amp is the Vox VT15 or the Roland Cube 30X, which will be much more versatile as the 15w spider has nothing that resembles a good tone for blues or classic rock or much other than jazz or metal for that matter, as the 4 modes it has are jazz clean, hard edged CRUSHING OVERDRIVES, br00talz or fizzy mess.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp