Can anyone help me out? So far i've got:

Gain-7
Bass-7
Mid-2
Treble-7

I'm not sure I'm convinced with how it sounds though.. Just trying to get a good metal tone, say kinda like Metallica.. Any help would be appreciated. As per title the Amps an Orange Rockerverb 50..
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
dont scoop the mids
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Crank the mids and the gain and you should be good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Yup, turn the mids to at least 4-5, crank the gain up a little bit, also - if you're playing on rather bedroom levels then, well, play it louder!

Nonetheless, you won't get Metallica-like tone out of Orange - I think that they are too British-voiced, for Metallica-like tone you'd have to get an amp with more American voicing (Peavey 5150, Mesa etc.) I guess you can get perfect Iron Maiden tones though
Quote by zombiak
Yup, turn the mids to at least 4-5, crank the gain up a little bit, also - if you're playing on rather bedroom levels then, well, play it louder!

Nonetheless, you won't get Metallica-like tone out of Orange - I think that they are too British-voiced, for Metallica-like tone you'd have to get an amp with more American voicing (Peavey 5150, Mesa etc.) I guess you can get perfect Iron Maiden tones though

The Rockerverb series are more American voiced, think Slipknot. They use them if I'm not mistaken, even though I'm not a fan, just trying to give examples of the Rockerverbs being used in metal.. So is upping the mids going to tighten the sound up? Basically what I want is a big low-end palm-muted chug sound. If that makes any sense..
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Quote by asr_larocca
The Rockerverb series are more American voiced, think Slipknot. They use them if I'm not mistaken, even though I'm not a fan, just trying to give examples of the Rockerverbs being used in metal.. So is upping the mids going to tighten the sound up? Basically what I want is a big low-end palm-muted chug sound. If that makes any sense..

Don't both of your guitars have vintage pickups?

The rockerverb isn't American voiced. It just has more gain on tap than orange's other amps.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Jul 1, 2009,
American my arse.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL