Now first, calm down, I love Rhoads style guitars!!! (for all you gut instinct-ers )

But my xbox360 (which I actually got from here) is finally starting to get the RED RINGS OF DEATH. I guess it's not completely dead yet because if I turn it off and turn it back on, it still runs. Suuuuuper slow though. I'm playing NHL '09 and Gary Thorne is play-by-playing about 10 seconds after the play actually happens lol. It's pretty old (2005?) so it's probably not still under warranty, right? And also...I remember a while back seeing on the local CL someone posted an ad saying they can fix the rrod for $50. There any merit in that?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Last edited by stinger12345 at Jul 1, 2009,
What the hell are you talking about?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Phone Microsoft with your xbox serial code, they might be nice and fix it for free outside of warranty if it's a particular model.
Get a PS3.

Joking. But seriously, get one.

Contact Microsoft, you should be able to get it repaired.
My friend also overheats his with a towel, and RRoD goes away for a few days.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
send it back. i got mine fixed when it got a light.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by stinger12345
Now first, calm down, I love Rhoads style guitars!!! (for all you gut instinct-ers )

But my xbox360 (which I actually got from here) is finally starting to get them. I guess it's not completely dead yet because if I turn it off and turn it back on, it still runs. Suuuuuper slow though. I'm playing NHL '09 and Gary Thorne is play-by-playing about 10 seconds after the play actually happens lol. It's pretty old (2005?) so it's probably not still under warranty, right? And also...I remember a while back seeing on the local CL someone posted an ad saying they can fix the rrod for $50. There any merit in that?

You bought an Xbox 360 from UG?
Quote by Simsimius
Get a PS3.

I've heard it costs in the ballpark of $120 to get it repaired outside the warranty. Is that true? Unless I get lucky..

crono...i traded a guitar for it to another user
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Last edited by stinger12345 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by Simsimius
Get a PS3.

What? You mean PC? Oh, honest mistake, it's all good.
Quote by stinger12345
I've heard it costs in the ballpark of $120 to get it repaired outside the warranty. Is that true? Unless I get lucky..

crono...i traded a guitar for it to another user

Oh, you're out of warranty?
Remember MS warranty is for 5 years IIRC.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Fixed the original post. Sorry for the confusion, I guess it was pretty hard to translate....
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Quote by stinger12345

But my xbox360 (which I actually got from here) is finally starting to get the RED RINGS OF DEATH. I guess it's not completely dead yet because if I turn it off and turn it back on, it still runs. Suuuuuper slow though. I'm playing NHL '09 and Gary Thorne is play-by-playing about 10 seconds after the play actually happens lol. It's pretty old (2005?) so it's probably not still under warranty, right? And also...I remember a while back seeing on the local CL someone posted an ad saying they can fix the rrod for $50. There any merit in that?

my console is an '05 too, and it was fixed for no cost at all. MS admits the problem and has extended the warranty. Try it with them first, then think about going to see some 'DIY' fellow.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
ok cool i'll call em up tomorrow! hopefully they don't take forever with it. but even if they do, my roommate has one too, so..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

You could get Microsoft to fix it for a small fee and go without your xbox for a week or so and IT WILL happen again believe me.
Or you can simply buy an arcade xbox 360, which has the new processor which won't red ring and a nice new quieter disc drive
Plus you get a new controller all for just over $150 US it's worth it, not having to ever worry about the red ring.
I love white guitars!
I still have no idea what's going on

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
I still have no idea what's going on

the xbox360 console has a hardware malfunction prevalent in older consoles (produced from '05 to '08).

When this error occurs, the circular light on the front panel lights up red in 3 of it's 4 quadrants , therefore called: the red ring of death, or: RROD.

Users that experience this usually also experience the microsoft helpdesk, and subsequent frustrating issues.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
I was actually about to help you out until I noticed your use of the term 'supa ghey' in the opening sentence.
RULE BRITANNIA
yeah they charged me about £50-60 to repair cos it was out of warranty.
Quote by Guitardude19
The only things I kill are wasps, flies, and slugs.

And I dont do it nicely either. I boiled a slug in highly saturated salt water and put a wasp in a microwave. I hate wasps so much.
Quote by xl999
the xbox360 console has a hardware malfunction prevalent in older consoles (produced from '05 to '08).

When this error occurs, the circular light on the front panel lights up red in 3 of it's 4 quadrants , therefore called: the red ring of death, or: RROD.

Users that experience this usually also experience the microsoft helpdesk, and subsequent frustrating issues.

Ah I see.

I hope my xbox never does this

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by Simsimius
Get a PS3.

Bollocks to this, my ps3 broke, just plain freezes after 10 mins of being switched on.
You don't need a warranty for RROD, since it's the manufacturer's fault. Call up Microsoft and they'll get a courier to take it away, and you'll either get a repaired one or a brand new one. I got a brand new one when mine RROD'd, and you won't have to pay a penny.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by Helpy Helperton
Bollocks to this, my ps3 broke, just plain freezes after 10 mins of being switched on.

You think that's bad?
My PS3 had YLOD. All fixed now though.

And in case you can't tell, I was joking with him.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO