it doesnt matter what program i use, it even happens in MS sound recorder; but when recording through my Alesis iO|2 everything sounds a bit over a semi-tone higher than what I recorded it at. Anyone know what the wang is going on? i dont know if it does it on all computers as ive only tried it on 1 but it makes it impossible to record anything with more than 1 track.

Also, anyone have any experience using the iO|2 with cubase? ive tried it with LE4 and the full version 4 and i cant get any input or output from it. ive read every tutorial on device setup and VST connections in existence but i still cant get it to work and i cant understand why. im prob just way too nub.
it works fine with ableton live and adobe audition though (apart from playback being higher than recording).

Any help appreciated
if you play in standard tuning, tune the guitar haff tone down (Eb ab etc..) so the record will sound rigth XD
Quote by tom1thomas1
^^^why are you going to have to tune back up to standard?

so he can play over it without sounding out of tune.

is it playing back at the same speed as you record it? try running a metromone alongside it as you play and then at the same speed alongside the recording as you play it back.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Sounds like your playing back at a higher sample rate than your recording at, which would be odd but very possible.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
as far as i can tell they are, i mean im pretty noob at cubase but im fairly sure they are. im not getting anything on any level indicators and dont get any output even when i just import some audio into it.
it sounds like the only thing it could be are VST connections or device setup but im sure ive tried everything in regards to that.
could there be anything else to try?
Go into the sample rate settings and set the input and output rates the same
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)