Hey guys - hope some of you more knowledgeable people will be able to advise me on this.

I have an American Standard Strat that i would like to modify to handle hard rock - the type of songs can be found in the samples on y band page here
http://www.myspace.com/hammersalt

I usually use an Ibanez ART300 but would like to modify my Strat to be my backup guitar. Quite happy to go the single coil or humbucker mod but would prefer to steer clear of actives on the strat. It would also be great to keep the strat neck pickup and therefore maintain some of that lovely strat twang for cleans.

Please let me know if any of you have done this or are using a strat in this way - and how i could get mine to handle it.

If it is important my amp is a Peavey Valveking 212 and effects are fired through standalone stompboxes, currently Dunlop Cry Baby, Boss DD3, Ibanez TS9, Blackstar HT-Dual. Look forward to hearing from all you experts
- Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Flat SSL-4
- Dimarzio HS-3 Stack
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Dimarzio Super Distortion S
Duncan JB JR
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by sumflak
........and dont forget the Seymour Duncan Hotrails!

IMHO thats really not a good pickup by any means
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Thanks for the heads up guys - i like the sound of the JBJR, dont suppose any of you are using one of those that can give me an idea of sound? A coupleof youtube vids but none are that great.
Quote by JLT73
IMHO thats really not a good pickup by any means

Not to threadjack, but I was considering that same pickup. What's wrong with that pickup, and what would you recommend instead for hard rock/metal in a strat?
If the hot rails weren't that great of a pickup, it wouldn't be recommended so often for heating up a strat's versatility. I personally think it's a great pickup.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks