Page 1 of 2
I was watching this guitar cover that I quite liked. Watching more of her videos, I found out that she's a left handed guitarist, but has a right handed guitar. So what she does is flip the guitar over, and just changes the strings differently. Heres a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoCb4sQI8eg&feature=channel_page

EDIT: She no longer does this, btw. In her newer videos, she has a brand new, LEFT handed guitar haha. Oh, wells.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by insideac
Id imagine its because left handed guitars have less variety and cost alot more than right handed guitars.

Yeah but I was just wondering because I know of a lot of left handed guitarists who just play righthanded guitars. Never seen anyone actually flip one before.

He will be missed.
Quote by tjhome28
Hendrix?

^this.

/thread.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Quote by larrytheguitar
Yeah but I was just wondering because I know of a lot of left handed guitarists who just play righthanded guitars. Never seen anyone actually flip one before.

hendrix did
Quote by larrytheguitar
I was watching this guitar cover that I quite liked. Watching more of her videos, I found out that she's a left handed guitarist, but has a right handed guitar. So what she does is flip the guitar over, and just changes the strings differently. Heres a look:

EDIT: She no longer does this, btw. In her newer videos, she has a brand new, LEFT handed guitar haha. Oh, wells.

Yeah one of my mates does that
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by TV-Casualty
hendrix did

Dammit, I knew that, too.

He will be missed.
Different lefties had different approaches.

Some changed the strings around (Hendrix)
Some kept the strings the way they were and played upside down (Albert King)
Some just learnt to play right-handed (Herman Li, Gary Moore, Mark Knopfler, MAB)
Some got a left-handed guitar (Kurt Cobain, and strangely, Tony Iommi)
To be honest I like the upside down look. If I can ever afford to do so, I may buy a left handed strat and play it upside down right handed. I just think the bigger horn at the bottom looks cool.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by A Bad Guitarist

what is that guy doing to those bongo drums!?!?!
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
To be honest I like the upside down look. If I can ever afford to do so, I may buy a left handed strat and play it upside down right handed. I just think the bigger horn at the bottom looks cool.

Mosrite?

Quote by Injuyin
...but it's pretty stupid for say a strat that has a single cutaway...

Kurt Cobain did it alot allso.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I doose it, only because the guitar i wanted doesn't come in left
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
It also gives it a unique tone if you flip a right handed guitar. Gives your higher strings a bassish sound and gives the lower strings some treble
One of my best friends and band mate is a lefty and he plays the guitar like every normal righty does and he has no problems. He's really good actually. I don't think it's necessary to have a backwards guitar just because you're a lefty and my friend proves my point... LOL
Quote by larrytheguitar

Wtf is with every comment being "you so good an hawt"...
It seems like any girl who picks up a guitar is instantly worshipped...
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Generally, girls doing anything that's not stereotypical of them, they'll have a flock of guys going "omg u so good and hot".
I think it's ugly. Unless the headstock was symmetrical, I wouldn't play a right-handed guitar upside-down.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I'm a leftie, but I learnt to play right-handed. It just seemed more convenient

Quote by hendrixftw

You seem surprised by that... You've never seen the profile comments for any of the girls of UG, have you?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by 601210
Mosrite?

You called? Yes, the Mosrite Ventures models are based on upside down strats but they have many of their own features and the body style is much more pleasing than an upside down strat.

Don't forget Mosrite had many other kinds of guitars though.

Oh and back on topic, I think it looks good to flip over a guitar and play it upside down. Doesn't matter if it is a righty or lefty guitar, It matters on the guitar though. Restring it, Play it upside down... Either way is cool.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I'm left-handed and I play a right-handed guitar right-handed.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by tjhome28
Hendrix?

yes... this...

there's a big shiney world outside that cave you're living in.
Quote by Snowblind 911
I think it's ugly. Unless the headstock was symmetrical, I wouldn't play a right-handed guitar upside-down.

aww... really?

reverse headstocks ftw!
The Doves bassist plays the bass upside down. Literally just turns a normal one upside down, leaves the strings as they are. That's just how he learnt.
Quote by insideac
Id imagine its because left handed guitars have less variety and cost alot more than right handed guitars.

Yeah i have a friend who's a left handed guitarist and he says that a left handed guitar is super expensive while a right handed guitar that looks exactly the same is way less money
Quote by Oli_88
The Doves bassist plays the bass upside down. Literally just turns a normal one upside down, leaves the strings as they are. That's just how he learnt.

i've seen a guitarist play that way too. with only the strings in reverse order. it looked really funny but it more or less sounded the same. but all of his descending licks looked like ascending licks and vice versa. kind of a mind ****.
Quote by hendrixftw

I agree it's ****ed up, when I listen to somebody playing I LISTEN TO THEM, I hate when people look at the sex and the looks of them and praises them falsely. There was a girl playing wrong chords and wrong tempo but because she was a girl that was awesome. I could seriously stab the people in the face that gives her credit for sucking.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by konfyouzd
i've seen a guitarist play that way too. with only the strings in reverse order. it looked really funny but it more or less sounded the same. but all of his descending licks looked like ascending licks and vice versa. kind of a mind ****.

You don't have to read tabs upside down then...
Quote by Oli_88
You don't have to read tabs upside down then...

wow... i NEVER thought about it like that at all. i always just made the transformation in my mind without thinking anything of it. nice catch.
Quote by LPDC
what is that guy doing to those bongo drums!?!?!

They influenced slipknot

NINE ****ING MEMBERS, FFS

Edit: one day I'll buy a left handed strat (im right handed) and hendixify it.
Page 1 of 2