I'm looking at the Vox Night Train as my next amp. But the problem is, it only has one speaker output (well, one for 8ohm, one for 16ohm), and I'd planned on running it through two cabs.

Now, would I have to run it through just one cab, or would I be able to split the signal (using a standard signal splitter), and run it through two cabinets at the same time?

I don't have the amp yet, or the cab(s), but I was just wondering before I went ahead and broke something.

Thanks.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Signal splitter won't work and may cause serous damage to the amp. just find an 8ohm cab and a 16ohm cab, or else just use one.
It's not stereo, so I really don't see why you'd need two anyway.
im not sure exactly what it is but cant you run 2 16 ohm cabs through 1 8 ohm output using paralel or something

someone explain properly what im trying to say
You can run 2 16ohm cabs in parallel for 8 ohms. But you would need 2 jacks wired that way on the back of the amp or wired up on the cabs to do it.
Or two 8 ohm cabs in series into the 16 ohm.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
So now I'm confused, are you telling me I can run a cab through (obviously, with the right impedance) each of the outputs at the same time, or are you telling me to run two in series?

If you mean to run two in series, would I be able to do it with two individual 112 cabs, or would it have to be a single 212?

Thanks.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Theres more than 1 way to skin a cat in this case. You can run 2 cabs in parallel or in series and get different ohms. A 2x12 can be wired either way to get different ohms to, 2 8 ohm speakers gives 4 ohm cab or 16 ohm cab. I have a SS bass amp with a 4 ohm speaker and an extra cab with a 4 ohm. If using the bass amp alone I just use its 4 ohm speaker, 8 ohms series cuts the output volume and 2 ohms parallel probably fry the amp. Using the 2 cabs with my tube amp in series for 8 ohms, as it has selectable impedance.