I decided to try out virtual amps, and so far, everything's hiss. Right now my setup is

Guitar -> Planet Waves Cable -> Digitech Grunge (Mainly using as a preamp) -> 1/4 to 1/8 adapter -> 1/8 cable -> Line In jack

I can't figure out why I'm getting so much hiss. Is there a different cable I should be using instead of the 1/8 cable? (Brand? 1/4 to USB? 1/4 to 1/8?)

I'm running Amplitube 2.
mine hisses too
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
You need a decent audio interface with instrument inputs and AD converters.

Although, you could probably get decent results by going through a good DI box into a line in port, but the standard line in ports on most computers aren't very good.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Running in the line in jack will always give you some noise, but facing away from the computer monitor should halve the hissing - particularly with singlecoils.
The weird thing is that it sounds clean without the Amplitube. If I can, I'll get some recordings up in a few minutes of how it sounds with and without Amplitube.
Amplitube is not very good, IMO. But every ampsim I have tried has actually been quite noisy compared to a real amp
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Well, it was the first one I found that someone said was pretty good (link ).

Clips are up on my profile, both demo clean and distorted sounds. I'll give you an e-cookie if you can tell what I'm playing in the Amplitube clip.
I use guitar rig through a full Interface and all that jazz, and i swear there is more hiss than a distortion pedal in front of a 5150.

I never use it unless I have to. Its kinda a fun to build a rig and experiment, though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Try turning off your monitor.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Quote by nightraven
or a good USB Firewire interface

Fixed
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab