Ok its day 1 of 4 weeks with my family in thailand...and came across this shop called Siam Music in the Future Park Mall.

They had a range of guitars made by a company called "Chaser" who had a Zakk Wyde Les Paul, Buzzwhatever style guitar, old school les and others.

What did catch my eye was this 24 fret, LFR, black RG styled guitar with a jackson like headstock for only 4,500 baht (£80 lolololol) Ill find out the name soon!

Seeming i didnt bring a guitar with me, would it be worth buying the £80 one? its not a set neck too so its easier for me to take it back into the UK.

I have a crappy budget of 6700 baht too due to lack of me working lol...

But yeah, info on Chaser guitars please and if the £80 guitar is alright?

kthnxbi
get it, bring it back and make it awesome!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
For that price I'd get a guitar like that. Unless you can't find anything better within your budget I'd say go for it.
All the excitement
Blew me away
Through time
Straight through space just to here
I've got a legend to tell you today
So listen up, I want you all to hear
well i've been looking into the Ibanez GAX but that cost 14,000 baht (£249 :O)

but that was in this mall (Future Park)...but yeah if i dont find a good steal (oo yamaha pacifics for around £50) ill get that 24 fretter :P
id just get it to practice woodwork on lol
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
well im here for 4 weeks and because i know i can get better at playing, i just need something to exercise with because ive been solidly working on alt' picking-ness (fast :P) daily and my holidays ruined it lol
The neck was really thin too! Hmm im really considering it, but ill have a look around first...any info on "CHaser Guitars"?
Go for it man, If you want to work out your picking skill, but It's almost guarranted that the guitar is too strapped up to be a keeper, have you tried it out at the store or anything?

Btw; If you can't find anything on google, then that's a bad sign :P
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
lol not yet as the guy was just screaming thai at me and i didnt understand it lol my mum does tho :S anyways i have a list of shops i want to go to (big stores that arent in a mall so things should be cheaper) so if i cant find a cheaper piece of **** it looks like ill get that 24 fretter :P oo i forgot the nam,e but it begins with an A lol
For that cheap, I'd go ahead and buy it, if only to have something to play while you're in Thailand. You can always sell it on craigslist when you get home and practically get a refund if it sucks.
i was thinking of traeting it as a project guitar...was gunna buy cheap parts anyways in the UK (but that would of cost more lol...24 frets, LICENSED FR..£80 lol come on, thast cheap as ANYTHING lol
Yeah dude, I say go for it. The Floyd Rose knockoff should be worth at least £30 by itself. You can never have enough guitars!
googled the licensed FR's and seen them on google for £40+ lol body and necks normally go for £100+ so yeah big savings :P
Okay, I came from Thailand recently as well, I would look around in a mall called Siam Paragon. On the third level, there's a few nice shops there with decent looking guitars. I also saw a nice little store across the street from MBK shopping center in downtown Thailand.

and for 4,500 baht? there are some pedals that cost that much. That being said, even if it is a piece of crap, you'll have a guitar to unleash your inner Pete Townshed on.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Theres a place in Thailand called Weng where all the guitar dealers are (like Dean, Jackson, ESP, etc...). You might find some stuff there. If ur lookin for cheap guitars to play just for now then id say second hand guitars with an actual brand would b pretty gd. At weng the stuff are also cheaper than the stuff you'll find in the music stores in the mall (cuz of rent n stuff). The music stores u find in malls are are joint stores with the ones in Werng. E.g. Music Concept (guitar store at Central world) is same shop as Bei Nep Seng (or sumthing i dunno... they're the dealers for Jackson, Gibson, and Fender).
Quote by wolfy808
Okay, I came from Thailand recently as well, I would look around in a mall called Siam Paragon. On the third level, there's a few nice shops there with decent looking guitars. I also saw a nice little store across the street from MBK shopping center in downtown Thailand.

and for 4,500 baht? there are some pedals that cost that much. That being said, even if it is a piece of crap, you'll have a guitar to unleash your inner Pete Townshed on.

BEEN THERE! i had a sad moment when i realised i couldnt bring any guitars back because of weight issues. Parker Fly Deluxe for $1500AUS so go frickin figure
ahh thanks guys...going away to this island for 5 days today then when im back im getting a guitar lol it looks like ill be getting that 80£ one...as im looking for a 24 fretter i can then use as a project...i also want yellow converse's lol
lol instead i had a nice donation from my family and bought a Cort EVL K4 lol slight dent near a strap lock, but you cant go wrong for 170 pounds lol