I've only been smoking cigarettes for about 3 months, and at first I would get an amazingly relaxing head rush/high from just one camel filter. But for the past month and a half I don't get a buzz at all. At first I smoked camel filters, then turkish gold, and now reds. Where did it all go! the first red I ever smoked I could barely stand up!

I only smoke maybe 3 - 4 a day..

anybody else have/had this annoying problem?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Give up now while you still can
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
your brains learnt to handle the sensation better. its the same thing that happens with drugs. your first experience is mind blasting but it only gets worse from there. sorry mate theres not much you can do. quiting before your too addicted is a good idea tho
its called tolerence. if u want to get more ****ed up. drag longer and harder and quicker. that all i can suggest. otherwise quit smoking-it dirty, a waste of money, ****s your health.
Quote by imthehitcher
real men smoke pipes

haha i love the pit

Quote by arzhang
your brains learnt to handle the sensation better. its the same thing that happens with drugs. your first experience is mind blasting but it only gets worse from there. sorry mate theres not much you can do. quiting before your too addicted is a good idea tho

I really don't think I'm addicted.. I'll go days at a time without one and I don't ever get smoking urges
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Jul 1, 2009,
When I smell smoke it makes me cough and sneeze at the same time.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
When I smell smoke it makes me cough and sneeze at the same time.

Breath through your mouth then.

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
Quote by jmilli2

no! he'll throw up!
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai

I really don't think I'm addicted.. I'll go days at a time without one and I don't ever get smoking urges

Yeah but i guess your in that stage between doing it for the buzz and doing it for the addiction so quitting now would be a good idea.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Try cannabis instead.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Quote by jmilli2

I do It just maeks me splutter.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by -LAW-
Try cannabis instead.

I have no self control while high, thanks no thanks
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Axe Samurai
I don't smoke myself but isn't that what they call "chasing the dragon?" as in you are building up a tolerance to it so you require more to get the same effect? or just go onto harder stuff

That's some epic **** AxeSamurai

"Oh my god? What is this place?"

"I'm pretty sure it's hell"
"No guys, this place is far worse, i think its heaven."

I personally do smoke pipes and not cigarettes. Mostly because the tobacco comes in many stunning flavors (haha).

Your problem is basically a quality of addiction to cigarettes. Your body adapts and needs more cigarettes to get the same feeling of one. That is how people become chain smokers and stuff.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I'll not smoke for 3 days and see what that does. make it an occasional thing
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Axe Samurai
I don't smoke myself but isn't that what they call "chasing the dragon?" as in you are building up a tolerance to it so you require more to get the same effect? or just go onto harder stuff

That's heroin, not cigarettes.
same idea
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Yeah TS i got this issue too, it sucks so bad just start inhaling alot stronger and it works abit

Quote by touji-za-nai
I'll not smoke for 3 days and see what that does. make it an occasional thing

That works too

do what I do and only smoke on weekends. THat way you dont build up a tolerance, and you have time to really enjoy each smoke.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I smoke, yet I'm not addicted. I had to quit for 6 months when I got tooth implants, didn't get any urges. Granted, I realize my BODY is addicted to it, but my mind isn't, and it only takes 3 days for your body to get over the nicotine.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
I smoke, yet I'm not addicted.

Yeah, you say that until you actually do get addicted. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances.

Honestly, it's a ****ty 15 minute buzz that's really addictive and is obviously bad for your health (ask anyone that's quit). Vape weed instead.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
I smoked for over a year and gave it up. It's a good decision. Now that the easy buzz is leaving you you're going to start smoking more and sooner or later you aren't going to be able to stop smoking. Quit while you're ahead.
Quote by demonofthenight
Yeah, you say that until you actually do get addicted. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances.

Honestly, it's a ****ty 15 minute buzz that's really addictive and is obviously bad for your health (ask anyone that's quit). Vape weed instead.

Well, for one, weed isn't allowed in the military, we get drug tested almost every week. And two, I've been smoking for 4 years and can quit whenever I want, I.E. no money, or like I said, I got tooth implants. I smoke because I enjoy it, not because I'm addicted.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
smoke weed
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp