I'm probably going to buy a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom next week sometime, but first I have a question. The coil-splitting is a major feature on the guitar, and it's nice, but if I decide to upgrade the humbuckers later down the road, will I be be to coil-split them as well? Or is coil-splitting a feature specific to the Rockfield pickups that come with the guitar?

Many thanks!
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
As long as they are four conductor pick ups they can be coil split you just have to do some research before buying.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Bear in mind as well that not all pickups sound good when split. Some pickups are designed specifically to be split (Seymour Duncan Stag Mag, Swineshead AMP), some sound fairly decent when split (Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates, Seymour Duncan Jazz, Gibson BurstBucker #1/#2/#3, Swineshead Runaway), and some pickups sound terrible when split (Seymour Duncan Distortion, Swineshead Warthog, DiMarzio PAF Pros).

If/when you switch the pickups, you may want to think about making it a series/parallel switch instead of a coil-split. Switching to parallel wiring makes a humbucker sound much the same as it does when you split it, except parallel remains hum-less and it's not quite as harsh sounding, which can help the pickup sound better if it's one that doesn't normally sound good split.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.