I am getting a big muff pi with tone wicker and wondering what other pedal i should get that would compliment it nicely.
I know i could save my money but long story short a friends paying for these. Something around the $100US mark. I play alot of smashing pumpkins, foo fighters, some led zep, just general rock/alternative rock and indie.. and then also metalcore stuff.
I was thinking maybe a delay or phase shifter or something. Not a wah because I'm really not interested in one and it doesn't really come into my musical style at all.
Thanks
EHX Small Stone.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Danelectro octave
electro harmonix lp-2 linear booster
dam i'd prob even think about getting a treble booster
i like the way my small clone sounds with the big muff. otherwise a delay and you can make some awsome smooth lead tones. how much australian money do you have to spend.
I have like... $150~ AU to spend
And I'm not getting an overdrive pedal i like the sound of the big muff as is so... wouldn't do to much considering i have a solid state amp.. tubescreamers i find are a tad overrated.

Small clones chorus is nice but i don't think it would really suit the style of music i play.
Maybe a small stone phaser?
I am replacing the roland towards end of year hopefully... for hopefully a small tube amp.
BTW I hate how when anyone aska for advice on anything not really to do with amps, people always say "upgrade your amp"... i know what i have.. i just want some advice on ____ not amps.. in my case, what pedal will compliment the big muff..
I re listened to some small clone anolog chorus.. and it's pretty damn nice.. it'd sound nice with like arpeggio type stuff, maybe not so much chords though.
I think it's kind of between the small stone phaser and the small clone chorus... which would come in handy more you reckon? Phaser is cool because it gives you a different sort of sound... and the chorus is good because it seems to suit the sort of music i play a bit more..... toughy...
my dd7 digital dealy sounds amazing with my little muff...the way the signals interact is crazy, i don't know whats going on but i get insane lead tones from them
^about double the amount of money he wants to spend. as funky as the phaser is the small clone is more handy to have around.

EDIT: the small stone may even be outside your price range too. i just had a quick look and the cheapest i saw the USA made one was $210. The small clone i saw for $180. unless you find one used or get lucky with an ebay shop or something you may need to extend your budget a tiny bit to get anything decent.
Last edited by joe_k at Jul 1, 2009,
a good tubescreamer style OD wopuld go nicely with your BMpi. Digitech Bad monkey being the most suggested, but try to find a Danelectro Transparent overdrive. I'm not sure if they still make it, but they're really fantastic.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Delay - Ibanez AD9, Electro-Harmonix #1 Echo
Phaser - Biyang Phaser, Small Stone
Chorus - Small Clone
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by joe_k
^about double the amount of money he wants to spend. as funky as the phaser is the small clone is more handy to have around.

EDIT: the small stone may even be outside your price range too. i just had a quick look and the cheapest i saw the USA made one was $210. The small clone i saw for $180. unless you find one used or get lucky with an ebay shop or something you may need to extend your budget a tiny bit to get anything decent.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electro-Harmonix-Classic-Small-Clone-Brand-New-In-Box_W0QQitemZ390059188396QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5ad156e0ac&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

About $140AUS or so all up... pretty good.

You reckon the small clone chorus would be more useful and i would use moreso than the small stone phaser?

Also, how would i go about getting power supply for these babies.. I don't really want to get a US power supply and have to run it through a US to AUS adapter.. Do you guys know what kind of australian power supply's work with it? I've heard 9-DC100 or something but not sure.. atm I have a boss power supply, model PSA-240S or something.
Thanks.
Last edited by braydz at Jul 2, 2009,
^ just get a daisy chain?
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Yeah but if the power inputs for the big muff are different to the small clone.. and then same with if i get more pedals.. then I'll have a daisy chain that only works with 1 of the pedals out of however many :S
I had a look.. if i got these, would it work with the big muff pi with tone wicker + a small clone?

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/9v-dc-regulated-power-supply-with-integrated-6-way-daisy-chain-2-p.asp
power

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/mini-jack-plug-adaptor-12-p.asp
2 of these

heres the compatibility list
http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/compatibility-1-c.asp

The power supply is australian so that's fine... and i think that with the mini jack plug it would work :S

Or is there a simpler way?
you don't need a whole new power supply. you just need the daisy chain and those adaptors. although they are great when it comes to batter life so i just use rechargable batteries.
For 100 you could get a digitech digidelay. It would be a good average digital delay i think.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
I've already decided on the small clone and the big muff pi tone wicker but i can't figure out what daisy chain to get because i can't find any adaptors that will fit into the small clone/big muff power inputs!
Yeah man already chosen the small clone.. now just need to find some sort of converter so i can get the right inputs for it so i can power it up... doesn't taker regular daisy chain plugs
Bought some 1spot 3.5mm converters and a 1spot daisy chain so I'm good to go man
So.. sweet.. got a big muff pi with tone wicker, small clone, 1spot daisy chain and a couple of converters on my way... all from the us and prolly saved about $200AU