I can get my bends in tune sometimes if I practise by putting a tuner on and seeing if the bend is in tune, and adjusting the pressure of my fingers accordingly and trying again. But getting my bends in tune isn't consistent, and obviously when I am playing a song, I can't use a tuner to help.

Do you have any tips? I'm getting really frustrated with it. :-(
um practice?
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Train your ears. Play the note you are bending to first, so you have the note in your head, then bend to it, then play it again. All over the neck. Do that enough and you'll get the hang of it. And read the sticky
Last edited by zhilla at Jul 1, 2009,
I was worried over this very same thing when I started to play solos. Then I realized that I can get really neat half step bend in Iron Man's second solo. After these 2 years I've been playing I can get pretty exact bends. Just practise.

Quote by zhilla
Train your ears. Ply the note you are bending to first, so you have the note in your head, then bend to it, then play it again. All over the neck. Do that enough and you'll get the hang of it. And read the sticky

That's pretty good advice.
Quote by zhilla
Train your ears. Ply the note you are bending to first, so you have the note in your head, then bend to it, then play it again. All over the neck. Do that enough and you'll get the hang of it. And read the sticky

Yeah, the key is to know how the bend should sound, not how much pressure to apply. The amount of pressure will differ depending on where you are on the fretboard, what string you are bending, the gauge of the string, etc.

The only way to consistently hit the bends correctly is to know how the note you are targeting should sound, and bend up to that sound.