So I'm in NYC right now visiting my brother... He has an apartment in Manahattan and has lived here for a few months now. The nature of the people and places are so different, it's almost disenchanting.

How many of you have been to New York or live here? What do you think of it? The people?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I was in new york a few years ago, some guy made me wear a sign and some black guy helped me with stuff.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by spazzymagee417
where are you visiting from? i live in a suburb of it, i don't really like it. everyone walks around like a robotzombie. the air makes me feel kind of sick.

I live in a suburb of DC, at the bridge of the city and the rural areas. And yeah, I agree. I went to visit back when it was chillier outside and all the women looked like the same icy statues, walking around in designer trench coats, huge sunglasses, boots, and a lot of make-up.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I always kind of hoped that people danced around in the streets singing Frank Sinatra songs ... please don't ruin my dreams.

To post somewhat on topic: I'm supposed to be going there later this year on a history trip. Not really sure what to expect.
Quote by Kensai
I was in new york a few years ago, some guy made me wear a sign and some black guy helped me with stuff.

... What have you contributed to the world other than sex and gorgeous photos, Kjell?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I live in Brooklyn, I go to NYU 4/5 days a week, and now Im working for my dad in Midtown.

I fuckin love it here.
Last edited by GettintheLedout at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by vintage x metal
... What have you contributed to the world other than sex and gorgeous photos, Kjell?

I help people.

What have you contributed?
people always think of new york as some sort of super amazing city

i usually go there on weekends (10 minutes by subway) and its cool cause there are plenty of places to eat/shop/hang out, but its not like its some sort of magical town where crazy things happen or whatever tourists think happens when they go there
Quote by Kensai
I help people.

I cook well.

edit: v That too
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Kensai
I help people.

She took my virginity.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
people always think of new york as some sort of super amazing city

i usually go there on weekends (10 minutes by subway) and its cool cause there are plenty of places to eat/shop/hang out, but its not like its some sort of magical town where crazy things happen or whatever tourists think happens when they go there

I agree I'm going next week and I'm really excited, but I always have to remind myself it's a really cool town not a really magic town.
For Christs sake, DON'T LOOK LIKE A TOURIST!!!

Tourists are easy targets if you walk into the wrong parts of the city, or talk to the street merchants. You'll spend a lot more in price gouging on the tourist "I<3 NY" shirts.

Also, Midtown is great to walk around, but for food go to Little Italy. Best Italian resturaunts in the country.

Also, try not to stereotype the boroughs, Brooklyn isn't full of thugs, Midtown isn't for millionaires, etc.
Quote by vintage x metal
I cook well.

edit: v That too

Well that's... contributing.

Go here:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=central+park+mall
Quote by Kensai
Well that's... contributing.

Go here:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=central+park+mall

I'd like to, but we're leaving today after watching Mary Poppins, and that starts at 2 (it's 11:30 am right now). I'm going to be here visiting quite often before university starts this fall, though.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I'd like to, but we're leaving today after watching Mary Poppins, and that starts at 2 (it's 11:30 am right now). I'm going to be here visiting quite often before university starts this fall, though.

What University are you going to?
Quote by GettintheLedout
What University are you going to?

Virginia Tech (I'm not going to school in NYC, haha... Though that would be pretty cool.)

I'd really like to see more of the city. I've only really been in Manhattan and Queens.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Virginia Tech (I'm not going to school in NYC, haha... Though that would be pretty cool.)

I'd really like to see more of the city. I've only really been in Manhattan and Queens.

Brooklyn is very diverse and varied, The Bronx is...... well its The Bronx.

And don't get me started on Staten Island. That place literally is a shithole.
Quote by GettintheLedout
Brooklyn is very diverse and varied, The Bronx is...... well its The Bronx.

And don't get me started on Staten Island. That place literally is a shithole.

I'll make sure to remember that.

There are so many women here! It's ridiculous. Maybe it's just in the areas I've been in, but they quite clearly outnumber the guys
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Either love it or ya hate it. I love Manhattan and would move there if I could afford it. People there are constantly moving 100 miles per hour, but something about the city is amazing. Lots of parts smell gross and there are some weirdass people but that's part of it's charm.

Plus, you don't have to drive depending on where you live. Subway, bus and taxi? FTW.
Quote by Kensai

..."makes 4 gallons of water!"

I was in NY for a day or so, and I loved it. I like big cities like that and NY was the king.
Last edited by LordBishek at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by LordBishek
..."makes 3 litres of water!"

I was in NY for a day or so, and I loved it. I like big cities like that and NY was the king.

Really? I love smaller cities. I might visit NY eventually, it looks interesting. Plus this bird I know studies there now.
Quote by Kensai

Really? I love smaller cities. I might visit NY eventually, it looks interesting. Plus this bird I know studies there now.

NY was amazing, but very, very impersonal. It tends o make you feel like a tiny insignificant cog in a machine, but I kinda like the anonymity of that.
Quote by Kensai

Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.