Page 2 of 3
Hopefully this will mean some live shows!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
And yes, Mr.Davis has confirmed a few Irish shows as part of a Euro tour for next year.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Jaysus, a triple post

New song up on myspace without vocals - sounds deadly.
http://www.myspace.com/hourof13doom
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
That was nothing short of amazing
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Sounds great, can't wait to hear what it'll sound like with some vocals. I'm curious as to how the vocals will sound without Phil.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I was just listening to some Hour of 13 earlier today and remembering how GREAT Phil's vocals are on that album. I hope they can find a worthy replacement, although I'm pretty sure they won't be able to find someone as good. At any rate, new song sounds good and I'm sure the new album will be a quality slab of doom.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
:O listening to grim reality this is some of the greatest doom ive ever heard thanks for showing me man
Beautiful. ****ing Beautiful.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
New song up on the myspace - sounds unreal!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Been hearing a lot of gripes about the new vocals - I think they sound unreal. Real heavy metal power.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Hour of 13 have returned to its former glory and reformed again as the original duo of Chad Davis and Phil Swanson. After a brief seperation Phil Swanson has returned to the fold and have completed their new CD "The Ritualist" with 8 new songs that are already contracted to be released in early 2010 by Eyes Like Snow (Germany; a division of Northern Silence Productions).

"We at Eyes Like Snow are honoured to announce that one of America's most highly regarded Doom Metal acts in recent history has agreed to release their upcoming albums through our label. The much anticipated second full length of HOUR OF 13 - "The Ritualist" - will be released in Feb/Mar 2010 on both CD and LP." - 11/26-09 - Torsten Suess / Northern Silence - ELS

After a very controversial debut that included a very public falling out from their previous label and thereafter Phil Swanson's untimely and unelated departure from the band, Hour of 13 have gone through many difficult tribulations in its short life span but without missing a beat the original line up is back in full swing with their second full length album, "The Ritualist".

"The Ritualist" is a shocking downward spiral into the occult that continues the concepts developed on the debuts notorius track "Missing Girl", taking the listener into a world of satanic ritual abuse and mind control brought on by the specualtion and hysteria of satanic panic as seen through the mind of Phil Swanson and layered with the truely dark and atmospheric musical tones and score of one Chad Davis.

Hour of 13 "The Ritualist"

01 - The Gathering
02 - The Ritualists
03 - Naked Star
04 - Demons All Around Me
05 - Evil Inside
06 - Soldier of Satan
07 - Possession
08 - The Crawlspace

Coming February/March 2010 on Eyes Like Snow.
Available on CD and LP. More merch to be announced.

Curiouser and curiouser!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Man, if all doom was like this I'd probably listen to it a lot more.

I only know a handful of bands in this vein though, and they are mostly Black Sabbath worship in the end anyhow. More recommendations anyone?
Quote by Vermintide
Man, if all doom was like this I'd probably listen to it a lot more.

I only know a handful of bands in this vein though, and they are mostly Black Sabbath worship in the end anyhow. More recommendations anyone?

For the occult-styled stuff, theres not that many bands that sound like HO13. Although you might like

Abysmal Grief - Abysmal Grief (more horror themed)
Pagan Altar - Volume 1
Seamount - Seamount
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Come on ye pansies, talk about how good the new album is!!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I need to pick the new album up as soon as possible. Just curious, how does it compare to the first one??
Swanson's vocals have a bit more of an edge to them, more conviction as opposed to the trance-like drone on a few of the s/t tracks... Davis's guitar playing has become phenomenal! Its no major change, just a great album again.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
These guys are ****ing awesome, totally old school doom metal in the vein of Saint Vitus or Pagan Altar.
^ The new one has a LOT of Pagan Altar and 70s Pentagram influence.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Want to check these guys out thoroughly at some point... hesitant at the moment as I'm afraid of really digging it and spending more of my precious money
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by Stranglehold
Swanson's vocals have a bit more of an edge to them, more conviction as opposed to the trance-like drone on a few of the s/t tracks... Davis's guitar playing has become phenomenal! Its no major change, just a great album again.

Just ordered! That's great though, I was hoping for more guitar wizardry on the next album.
Quote by linfield4466
Want to check these guys out thoroughly at some point... hesitant at the moment as I'm afraid of really digging it and spending more of my precious money

Get on the case ASAP, both albums are classics!!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Dont be afraid my child.. come towards the light!

Nah but seriously though, it doesnt disappoint - compared to the s/t, or just as an album, it really holds its own either way.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
After neglecting their latest album in favour of the debut, i just downloaded it and **** me this is brilliant, i may even be enjoying it more than the first which is a pretty hard feat.
This is sweet.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
"HOUR OF 13 is the conceptual creation of C. Davis . The focus is on abundant musical / lyrical heaviness and delves into themes of the macabre, darkness, cold atmospheres, complete bleakness / blackness. HOUR OF 13 plays True Original Occult Doom EXCLUSIVELY!"

My name is Danny. Call me that.
^ ''EVERY BAND I EVER LOVED HAS BROKEN UP,
AND EVERY GIRL THAT I WAS THINKING OF
NEVER GAVE A ****.''

Yeah I didn't figure you'd enjoy a band like Hour of 13 anyways.

Seeing these guys in about 6 weeks. Cannot wait. They're recording the show too, just the audio, and taking a video camera with them across to Ireland for the sake of the Doom Day Festival.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Fucking sheepshaggers...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
What's the maaaa-a-a-a-a-a-ter man? Jealous? That was supposed to be a sheep sound, by the way
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Strange how Asator, or Apator as I like to call him, clicked when it clearly stated posers need not click. Fools. ALL OF THEM.

Also, to your most recent post, I imagined this guy:

When you posted that, Strangles.
Quote by Magero
PTC I clicked.
MWAHAHAH

His Jedi mind trick got to you as well
Repress of The Ritualist on LP and cd out soon. See, this makes sense - if people want it, repress it! Keep ebay prices down.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I heard this band for the first time from Kep's mix. I checked out more of it a few days ago. Great stuff.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
"Phil Swanson has once again decided to step down from Hour Of 13. We hope his path will find him all the best in his musical fulfillment. The band will continue with Chad Davis taking over vocal duties for the upcoming shows we have booked. We plan to deliver the same caliber of Occult Heavy Metal we have created for the past 3 years, and we will continue. Hour Of 13 thank all of the supporters and fans worldwide."

Sake...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
^ Geez. That guy and his antics already..