so i changed the strings to my ibanez, pluged it in to my amp, and no sound!! so i checked everyhting in my amp an d nothing was wrong so i turned down my guitar volume and turned it back up,nothing, so when i turned my tone knob slightly down the sound came back!!wtf!! do i need to change my knob wiringthing or what!! on the up side it works like a killswitch! thanks!
take a bit of time to make sure that the problem is with the tone knob.., check under the cavity and see if there is any obvious issue with the wiring. if need be, swap out the tone knob.., its a pretty easy fix. The input jack seems like a more obvious area that may be messed up. do you best to problem solve before ripping out stuff.
I know the problem !!!!!! Your tone pot is grounding out, loosen the lock nut on the tone pot, turn the tone pot with a screw driver untill you get the sound back then continue to hold the pot and tighten the lock nut.
Quote by sstony
I know the problem !!!!!! Your tone pot is grounding out, loosen the lock nut on the tone pot, turn the tone pot with a screw driver untill you get the sound back then continue to hold the pot and tighten the lock nut.

i think this is it! im about to get home, ill try it once i get there. thanks