i use a halfstack at home (well, a 5 watt head and a 4x12) and will be getting a new amplifier or some description at some point before summer next year. Since i practise at home, and my band reherses round the corner at my bassist's house, the practicality of using a halfstack becomes questionable. Im pretty sure im too damned lazy to carry a 4x12, and i dont want to leave my recording rig at the practise space. So i thought maybe a combo would be the answer, a combo i could leave at the practise space.

so, do you think it would be more practical to get a combo, or just save a bit of money and buya head, with the added burden of having to move a 4X12 around all the time?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Why not get a 2x12?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
^This, having had both a 4x12 and a 2x12, I have no idea why anyone would want a 4x12.

(I know some people who play huge venues need them, please don't take my statement literally.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
because to get a decent 2x12 around here it would cost more than a decent combo :shrugs:

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Oh btw the thread with the MG guy made me lol
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Silver-spear94
because to get a decent 2x12 around here it would cost more than a decent combo :shrugs:

a vader 2x12 costs 400
we dont have any of the actually good value stuff, we get really ripped off with the exchange rates changing constantly.

marshall, fender, mesa and divided by 13 are the only cabs i can easily get hold of around here.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

If it's just for practice get a 1x12. I like combo's, but I like 1/2stack so much better. Wish I had your 4x12.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
its the old marshall 8000 series (valvestate) cab with 4 Celestion G12s if that interests anyone.

i was thinking i might just take my H&K 15 watter for practise instead, i forgot i had it

so if i do get a new amp soon it will be a head.

also, any suggestions? preferably british voiced, medium gain, rock and some thrash.

was thinking maybe bugera 6260 or something used off ebay like a laney AOR50. if that gives an idea of price range.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ