So this vintage shop has the most beat up looking Telecaster I've ever seen, not to mention it is made by ASPEN. I can't find any information about this guitar whatsoever. I do know that ASPEN is not a high end company, however they are asking $340 for this beat to crap telecaster japanese copy. Can anyone give me any information on it so that I might be able to get the price down on it/find out its worth more!?!?
pics?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I havent been able to find any pictures of it anywhere nor has any of the local guitar shops or player heard of the name. Went to sam ash and had them look it up in their guitar database book for trade ins and they had no such name either.
Honestly? It's probably a 70's or 80's japanese copy, which $340 is a fairly reasonable price, as the market for them has gone up. I paid $100 square for my Ibanez about 10 years ago, these days they go for more like 2-300... makes me really wish I didn't jack that thing up. But, honestly, if it's a good playing accurate tele copy, that's generally an ok asking price. See if you can't get them down if you want to buy it.

Also, a lot of those old Japanese companies aren't in a lot of databases.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by jewpoc
So this vintage shop has the most beat up looking Telecaster I've ever seen, not to mention it is made by ASPEN. I can't find any information about this guitar whatsoever. I do know that ASPEN is not a high end company, however they are asking $340 for this beat to crap telecaster japanese copy. Can anyone give me any information on it so that I might be able to get the price down on it/find out its worth more!?!?

I have one of these. A local luthier told me that they were produced in Japan and sold in Dept stores like Sears and Montgomery Wards. Mine is in ok shape. The body is nicked up and the cover plate is missing off of the bridge and the nut groove is chipped out on the A string but it plays and sounds good and stays in tune ok.