I was thinking about running Windows through Parallels on my Macbook Pro, but i was just wondering if it will still have the regular problems that windows has. Im not going to use the internet on windows, but will it still crash or cause other problems to my mac?
Quote by metaldud536
Just get a windows based PC man.

no thanks, my mac is upgraded to be way better than any pc i've seen. i've had pc's, not as good as this mac. its about 100x faster, better resolution, and its easy to maintain. plus it doesn't crash or get viruses.
^ It will crash. I'm telling you this as a die-hard mac user, you WILL CRASH YOUR MAC. They are NOT crash-proof. They're still a f*ckton better than PCs.

It would probably be more likely to crash. I crash my mac constantly, running all kinds of DAWs and whatnot. I am curious about Parallels though, it looks tempting.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jul 1, 2009,
^ I run parallels on mine and it seems to crash but not more frequently then when i didnt have parallels

as far as I can tell using Parallels won't hurt your mac at all or cause it to crash but what mac are you using?
Last edited by fenderBA214 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by fenderBA214
as far as I can tell using Parallels won't hurt your mac at all or cause it to crash but what mac are you using?

the new macbook pro, ugraded as far as possible.
Quote by Sid McCall
^ It will crash. I'm telling you this as a die-hard mac user, you WILL CRASH YOUR MAC. They are NOT crash-proof. They're still a f*ckton better than PCs.

It would probably be more likely to crash. I crash my mac constantly, running all kinds of DAWs and whatnot. I am curious about Parallels though, it looks tempting.

yeah my friend installed bootcamp, and after that his graphics card failed and his computer froze all the time. i was just wondering if parallels was any different because its running windows through the mac OS instead of just running windows by itself.
then you should be fine

It's almost just like running an application on your mac where you can work on things while using safari or whatnot so it does make a difference
Last edited by fenderBA214 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
no thanks, my mac is upgraded to be way better than any pc i've seen. i've had pc's, not as good as this mac. its about 100x faster, better resolution, and its easy to maintain. plus it doesn't crash or get viruses.

I can tell who's a Mac fanboy. I'm sorry but Macs will be always be limited to what their manufacturers can produce just like every other PC company.
Quote by metaldud536

I can tell who's a Mac fanboy. I'm sorry but Macs will be always be limited to what their manufacturers can produce just like every other PC company.

i didnt get it to run games or whatever, i got it because im going to a design college and the programs that we use are better suited for macs. I've always had a pc up until i got accepted to college last year and i was a huge microsoft fanboy because my dad worked for them. but after just using a mac... it wins. I used to be the same way thinking like you do, but once you try a mac, you realize how much better it is. Unless you're a gamer, but i don't play video games so.
99% of the crashes that Windows users experience are cause by 2 things: memory errors and driver errors. If you want to prevent a crash then really all you have to do is--

1) Make sure your memory is well seated.

2) Make sure you have enough memory to do whatever it is you will be doing.

3) Make sure all necessary drivers are installed and up to date.

Just do that and you should have no problems with windows on your Mac. Oh, and viruses aren't an issue either as long as you're not stupid. Just don't agree to download anything you don't want and don't click on all those "FREE SMILEYS ZOMG!" banner ads.
Quote by Seref
99% of the crashes that Windows users experience are cause by 2 things: memory errors and driver errors. If you want to prevent a crash then really all you have to do is--

1) Make sure your memory is well seated.

2) Make sure you have enough memory to do whatever it is you will be doing.

3) Make sure all necessary drivers are installed and up to date.

Just do that and you should have no problems with windows on your Mac. Oh, and viruses aren't an issue either as long as you're not stupid. Just don't agree to download anything you don't want and don't click on all those "FREE SMILEYS ZOMG!" banner ads.

lol yeah, i was just going to run stuff i already have, but my computers were fine and things just started failing for no apparent reason. random files got corrupt (i had no viruses) and my computer just broke.
Quote by metaldud536

Well, resolution really has nothing to do with it being a Mac. However, Macs do benchmark on processing higher than Windows-based PCs. Mac OS is just a really well-written OS that can even take advantage of certain aspects of 64-bit programs and processes with hardware meant for 32-bit. Basically, Mac OS is just way more efficient than Windows.

Problem is that many people, like myself, don't think that the increase in processing speed is worth the reduced content for Macs. It's also not worth the insane price gouging. Anything with an Apple logo is like 25% more expensive than it should be.
Quote by Seref
Well, resolution really has nothing to do with it being a Mac. However, Macs do benchmark on processing higher than Windows-based PCs. Mac OS is just a really well-written OS that can even take advantage of certain aspects of 64-bit programs and processes with hardware meant for 32-bit. Basically, Mac OS is just way more efficient than Windows.

Problem is that many people, like myself, don't think that the increase in processing speed is worth the reduced content for Macs. It's also not worth the insane price gouging. Anything with an Apple logo is like 25% more expensive than it should be.

true but it was a gift from my grandmother so... i do think it is way faster tho, it's a pretty big increase in processing speed, atleast mine is.
Quote by Sid McCall

this means youre doing it wrong. i have never once crashed my mac. ever. EVER. its never even frozen.

parallels however is weird stuff, just use bootcamp that way you get mac and windows.

Quote by metaldud536

this whole "olololololol h3 s4yz h1s m4c 1z b3tt3r! h3 1z 4 f4nb0y ololololololol" **** needs to stop. If he's upgraded his mac to about as far as the components will allow him, then odds are it IS better. I used pc's for years until i got my mac, and every single one of them slowed to a crawl within months, and all died early. PC's are rubbish if you plan on doing things other than games and spreadsheets.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 1, 2009,
Yeah, I use Linux, so I win. Why do we need every goddamn computer thread to turn into a PC/MAC war? Keep your ignorance/superior knowledge to yourselves, unless asked for advice.
Last edited by LordBishek at Jul 1, 2009,
don't bother paying for a more edgy and arguably inferior alternative to Boot Camp.

unless you actually need to run stuff side by side, just dual-boot. don't pay the extra money for a gimmick.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑