Has anyone played one of these yet?
I want one but i also feel the shame of feeling like a mars volta 'Fanboy'.
however it looks very nice and sounds very good on some youtube vids that i've seen it in and its really cheap! (£260)
whats the tone like?
sustain?
volume?
pickups?
Don't buy sig models. That is all.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Don't buy sig models. That is all.

Some sig models have good quality.
ew. Omar's tone is awful. why would you want that guitar?
"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you"

\m/

GEAR:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez S Series 7 String
Jacskson USA Soloist
i want a richard kruspe sig model, but its expensive.

i dont think many people know who kruspe is anyway so it wouldnt really matter.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by timi_hendrix
Don't have kids. That is all.

This, too. But I'm not sure it is related.

Since apparently I have to clarify, I'm not saying they are all terrible, I'm just saying they aren't any better at his tone than another similarly appointed guitar would be, and in most cases the actual artist doesn't even use them. So just get a guitar you like. When Fender comes out with a sig model for me, I'll buy it. Until then; don't buy sig models.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
James hetfield, kirk hammet, SRV, Richard Kruspe, Paul Landers, Slash.

the only endorcees ive actually seen playing their own sig models.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by tubetime86
This, too. But I'm not sure it is related.

Since apparently I have to clarify, I'm not saying they are all terrible, I'm just saying they aren't any better at his tone than another similarly appointed guitar would be, and in most cases the actual artist doesn't even use them. So just get a guitar you like. When Fender comes out with a sig model for me, I'll buy it. Until then; don't buy sig models.

Well in this case, he does use them, and there are plenty of signature guitars that are better than similarly priced "normal" models. Telling people not to buy sig models as a blanket statement really is immensely stupid. Hence the reference to removing yourself from the gene pool.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Silver-spear94
James hetfield, kirk hammet, SRV, Richard Kruspe, Paul Landers, Slash.

the only endorcees ive actually seen playing their own sig models.

Excuse me?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'm interested in buying one of these guitars too.. and i don't even know who this omar rodriguez guy is

again, the specs look good to me, i don't care that it's a sig model, there's not really any similar alternatives on the market within the price range either.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
^^ SRVs sigs are the same as his original, with the fender pups and the SRV pickguard.

so technically he played his sig.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by timi_hendrix
Well in this case, he does use them, and there are plenty of signature guitars that are better than similarly priced "normal" models. Telling people not to buy sig models as a blanket statement really is immensely stupid. Hence the reference to removing yourself from the gene pool.

Making any kind of blanket statement is immensely stupid.

[/blanket statement]
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i STILL dont have octahedron
i saw it today but i had no money , I like the ones on their myspace though aslong as they haven't released a crap album im happy
Last edited by professorlamp at Jul 1, 2009,
I don't have it either, but I've heard a few songs. Liked a few, but those weren't the acoustic ones. People have called it an acoustic pop album, but I don't completely buy it. It might just not be the hard driving prog rock that they are famous for.
Throwing this out there. JEM's are sick.
"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you"

\m/

GEAR:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez S Series 7 String
Jacskson USA Soloist
Quote by Silver-spear94
^^ SRVs sigs are the same as his original, with the fender pups and the SRV pickguard.

so technically he played his sig.

The SRV sig is completely different from his original guitar. It doesn't even have the same type of finish or fretboard wood and I've had better luck getting SRV tones from Duncans than Texas Specials.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by acdcrocks0323
What do you think about Octahedron?

The guitar looks good. Get it.

I bought octahedron last week and i've gotta say IMPRESSIVE , it's not there usual stuff but damn its good! With twilight as my guide is porbably there best song , what do you think of it?
Quote by tubetime86
When Fender comes out with a sig model for me, I'll buy it. Until then; don't buy sig models.

Eric Johnson?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
There are more flexible guitars that will probably get you the same sound, you probably don't want it.

I can understand wanting something like the tone on De-Loused in the Comatorium. The sounds on that album (iirc) are mainly from the combination of humbuckers and good quality low wattage tube amps. (AC-30, Fender Deluxe, etc.) I think that the album was recorded on an SG, which to me would seem much more attractive, the combination of two pickups and more than one knob (Just a volume knob on the bridge pickup, with no tone knob to roll off the treble? Seriously?)

If you like the guitar shape I'd look at a Jaguar or Jet King, hell you can probably just walk into the music store and find similar looking guitars, play them, and realize that they are far better than the Omar sig. If its just the sound you could throw a mini humbucker into a MiM strat and get a very similar tone to Omar's live tone. (Why you would want it is beyond me).

No matter what you decide you want to get, PLAY the guitar you're going to buy through a good amplifier first, then play a bunch of others through the same - you don't want to regret your purchase.

Also, overpriced signature models, etc.
Ibanez Jetking
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk