Im looking for new pups and internal electronics for the Ibby 7420 i got off eBay (ill eventually replace the lo-trs 7 trem with a lo-pro probably); and as i was looking around, I found what I think to be a new DiMarzio pup, the Liquifire 7, can be used in both neck and bridge (similar to AirNorton, but the mids are boosted a little more)

i am pretty set on a Blaze 7 for the bridge (not sure in the Blaze Neck or Blaze Bridge, it says Neck is recommended for all positions) and the bridge has more treble and bass than the blaze 7 neck, and they have the same mid.

but i was wondering if anyone on UG has tried/has a Liquifire pickup (6 or 7 string), and would like to hear some; well, testimonials and/or stories (how you like it, do you think I will like it, etc)

EDIT: also recommendations on pots, capacitors, wiring, shielding, etc would be welcome
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Last edited by Colton165 at Jul 1, 2009,
Oooh, the new Petrucci sig neck pickup! I figured it would be a hybrid of his custom and the Air Norton, and that seems to be the case (kinda like how the Crunch Lab seems to be a mix of the Steve's Special and the D Sonic what with the kinda cascading EQ there).

This pickup was literally just released like a week ago or so, so I don't think anyone has tried it. Go for it though! Tell us how it sounds

I would use the Blaze Neck, cuz even on the bridge pickup, too much boomy bass can be a bad thing. The lower bass should increase the clarity some. And if all else fails, you can fill out the paper that comes with it and send it in, get the pickup installed, adjusted, and tested out in less than 30 days, and if you don't like it just send it back to DiMarzio and get them to send you back the bridge model
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
yeah ill think ill go for it.

dont quote me on which Blaze 7 ill be getting for the bridge though, i want my low end to have clarity, but still be heavy.

im also probably getting a D-Sonic in my Explorer, or an X2N (havent decided), along with an Air Norton.

ill probably go for the D-Sonic, i keep my Explorer in Db/C# standard. i just dont know which way ill want the rail (probably towards the bridge piece, if im in C#)

but yeah for my 7 string (the 7420, not 7321), im def getting the Liquifire, and some sort of Blaze for the Bridge lol

EDIT: Same join month ftw lol
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
hate to double post, but there is another new pup, the Crunch Lab 7!

i just found out these are both Petrucci Sig pups!

i cant find anywhere online that sells them, I'm anxious to get these babies, heh.

It says that the Crunch Lab, the rail faces the neck almost regardless, Petrucci installed it that way on all his 7 strings, and even baritones.

hmmm.

i wonder how much they'll fetch for? probably $80 each since they are new?

EDIT: i never saw the crunch lab in above guys post, hmm; arent i a good reader?!
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Last edited by Colton165 at Jul 2, 2009,