I bought an Epiphone LP Standard weeks ago and just got a replacement for it yesterday and I noticed my replacement was so much lighter. Should I worry about this?
IT will be more convinient to carry i guess. But the tone will be affected. Your sustain will be less on this one. Les Pauls are supposed to be heavy. I would take it in just to make sure you didnt get a bad one
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
sounds like you got a newer chambered version...personaly I like the weight of the non-chambered ones but If you don't notice any difference in sound...it doesn't realy matter
If the fact that the replacement is noticebly different from the origional bothers you then find out why it is different. Perhaps it is not the exact replacment you were seeking in the first place.
If you want sustain, a denser, heavier body is better for that - also it may make your tone thinner by not having a body made of the same wood as your last guitar.
Equipment:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Standard Telecaster
Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster
Guild D-40 Richie Havens Signature Model
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
heavier ones are more like the Gibson models and plus it gives you the classic tone
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
well IMO the sound of a guitar comes from the pickups and the wood but thats my opinion
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
No, Weight should affect the guitar's overall sound but I wouldn't worry about it. If the guitar neck is heavier than the body, on the other hand...
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
No, Weight should affect the guitar's overall sound but I wouldn't worry about it. If the guitar neck is heavier than the body, on the other hand...

my sg is like that, it annoys the hell out of me
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Yeah I wasn't to worried but I was just wondering if I would be better off with a heavier guitar quality wise.

Cheers!