Ok i did what you guys said and tried to a more specific request this time.
I'm looking for something that has good distortion (i play mostly metal) but is stil versatile enough to be used in other styles (Grunge, Blues, Rock, Shred, Etc.)
I have five guitars i'm considering, and apparently i have longer to raise the money than i thought so my budget is now around $1800
1.Esp LTD EC-1000
2.Ibanez Jem7VWH
3.Ibanez JS-1200
4.Dean MAB1 Armorflame
5.Musicman Petrucci with Peizo Bridge
WHich of these do you recomend or what guitars with similar specs would you recommend?
I have a Drive amp (i know i need a new amp but i've already got that covered)
If the ESP has passive pickups, I vote for 1 and 3.

Otherwise, 3.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
You have a lot of sigs on that list. I would find something similar to the sigs. And upgrade the EC-1000 to an ESP Eclipse.

Get an Ibanez Prestige instead of the Ibanez sigs since they're the same quality and cost a lot less. That goes for all sigs but I don't know much about how it works for Dean and EBMM.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
for $1800 you can get way more guitars then that. what amp are you getting?

Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack
Quote by ironmaiden_98
Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

spend more money on the amp it makes a whole lot of difference
if you can spend the money, i say the EBMM. but there's really no reason you need to spend that much for a great guitar, so the LTD EC-1000 is a close second, just because you could save a bunch with it.
the ESP looks very cool, i say go for that one
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
I just tried an Epi Slash model and it sounded great (even through an MG) and was comfortable, but i'm not sure about the overal quality, or if it's even the right guitar for me.
Help?
looking at the features of the epi slash model, i think you could get something similar in a much lower price.

(if i'm thinking of the right guitar) it's $1000 i think. you could get an actual gibson if you wanted for that.

i'm thinking of the gold top LP... if thats the one you're talking about
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
looking at the features of the epi slash model, i think you could get something similar in a much lower price.

(if i'm thinking of the right guitar) it's $1000 i think. you could get an actual gibson if you wanted for that.

i'm thinking of the gold top LP... if thats the one you're talking about

GC has the Epi Slash on sale for $700
Ibanez S series guitars are of the most beautiful looking and comfortable guitars I have ever played. I was originally an RG guy but now I figured if I ever get another guitar it would be an Ibanez S series or JS.

I also recommend an American Stratocaster or a Gibson Les Paul. They are both versatile and fit just about every genre
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser