Thinking about it...just not sure what it's tonal capabilities are. Like, how heavy can it get? Would it be possible to play like metalcore, metallica, disturbed? and would it be able to play loud enough where i can play with my brother while he's drumming? Just a few questions there.

If not, I'm looking toward a Bugera 6262, or a Bugera 1990. The Bugera 1990 i know is pretty new, so I don't know if anyone knows much about it. I did see a vid on youtube where someone compared it directly to a marshall jcm900, and they matched up prett well. but who knows what could've happend with editing and all...

So any information on the subjects at hand would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
i havent heard the REV Jr standard before, but i have heard the REv Jr Pro( 2 channel version with added features) and it sounded damn good for a 20 watt tube head. could pull some heavy metal stuff pretty easily! should be loud enough to over run a drummer.!

also i have had the chance to test drive the REV SST( the solid state power section and ALL tube preamp section). sounds amazing as well. great gain

the NEW Rev jr Pro 50( 50 watt head) sounds damn good as well.
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Krank are (or used to be) THE heavy amps, so i guess they get pretty heavy.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
Krank are (or used to be) THE heavy amps, so i guess they get pretty heavy.

yeah...they are made for the rock musician.

the Chadwick is for the country/blues/classic rock with high gain
the Revs were made for the Hard rock/metal/punk/ atl rock.
then the Krankenstien is the holy grail of the Krank amps..thanks to Dime
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
also just saw on the Krank website that they are coming out with a Krankenstien Jr head in 20 watt and 50watt versions! said to be coming out in the spring!
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
okay thanx for the info. so then the standard is probably the same as the pro but just one channel and maybe less FX or something? i'll look into this more...
Save Gibson

Quote by a7xsteve
okay thanx for the info. so then the standard is probably the same as the pro but just one channel and maybe less FX or something? i'll look into this more...

No.

I've the Rev Jr Pro.

The Pro has a revamped gain structure. The standard Jr had relatively low gain and could do Black Sabbath-ish gain when fully pushed. You'd need a OD to get close to a Metallica sound.

For your uses, the Pro would be a better. Its not a rock machine, its very high gain and can do the br00talz with ease.

You'd want to test it though. It has a sweep knob that affects the range of mids that is controlled by the mid knob. It gives you a lot of control. Only issue with a lot of control is that it takes a bit of tweaking.

Kranks tend to have a love or hate relationship on UG. I personally like it. There is some room for improvement, but for what you pay, its a damn good amp.

O yeah, it can definitely get over a drummer.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
No.

I've the Rev Jr Pro.

The Pro has a revamped gain structure. The standard Jr had relatively low gain and could do Black Sabbath-ish gain when fully pushed. You'd need a OD to get close to a Metallica sound.

For your uses, the Pro would be a better. Its not a rock machine, its very high gain and can do the br00talz with ease.

You'd want to test it though. It has a sweep knob that affects the range of mids that is controlled by the mid knob. It gives you a lot of control. Only issue with a lot of control is that it takes a bit of tweaking.

Kranks tend to have a love or hate relationship on UG. I personally like it. There is some room for improvement, but for what you pay, its a damn good amp.

O yeah, it can definitely get over a drummer.

thanks a lot. i'll have to see if theres somewhere i can try it out. but sadly again, my car is in the shop. and i have to wait for it to be fixed and see what the cost is before i can figure out how much i can spend.
Save Gibson

Could you do a small gig with the rev jr pro 50?
nature always sides with the hidden flaw