Hey guys,

I'm looking for something that I can best describe as bright and soft. This will be used for solo or duo with another player. My old rule of thumb when looking for acoustics is play them all without looking at the price and find the best sounding one.

I played a nice Breedlove Atlas a while back that sounded beautiful, but when I went back to the store the only one they had left, of the same model, didn't sound as good.

I'm not looking to go over $1500, any suggestions on what I should take a look at? I want to plug in if I have to and I need a cutout.

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
High end Takamines fall in this price range. Nice, bright sound.

If you're willing to bump your price up to $1650, you can get a Taylor 300 series. Again, a brand that typically has a bright sound, and they're high quality guitars as well.

There are also some Alvarez Yairi guitars, and most of, if not all of, the Masterworks guitars in this range as well. Fantastic sounding guitars.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Well I played about 40 different guitars and the best sounding one for what I am looking for was this Breedlove:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Breedlove-Atlas-Series-Stage-D25-SR-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-105131163-i1425165.gc

To my surprise, it was on clearance and I got it for $650.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
try out Martin x series.

sides and back are HPL but HPL gives a sound that is really unique. I like it :p
Nice buy! Breeds are fantastic guitars. Congrats!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray