I am looking to improve on playing barre chords, any good songs to get my fingers moving better?

thanks

-Steven
Santa Monica- Theory of a deadman
Kryptonite-3 Doors Down
Behind Blue Eyes-PT/The Who/Limp Bizkit

all of these songs have Bm...all I could think of off the top of my head
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jul 1, 2009,
Neutral Milk Hotel's King Of Carrot Flowers parts 1 and 2.
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Sultans of swing rhythm
Magic carpet ride
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
Harvest by Opeth.
Beautiful song, and it works as an exercise on chords and rythms extremely well.
Jack Johnson- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Banana Pancakes
Flake
Bubble Toes
Breakdown

You don't necessarily have to play those specific songs, but Jack Johnson songs are what I used as barre chord practice when I was first starting on them. There are a lot of them in every song, usually all barres for an extended period of time, which is great for building hand strength and endurance
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 1, 2009,
Carvel is quite challenging in a good way for barre chords. (By John Frusciante) oops.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
You could try playing songs you already know with barre chords.
It's a good way to practice.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Natrone
Banana Pancakes
Flake
Bubble Toes
Breakdown

You don't necessarily have to play those specific songs, but Jack Johnson songs are what I used as barre chord practice when I was first starting on them. There are a lot of them in every song, usually all barres for an extended period of time, which is great for building hand strength and endurance

This guy has got it, jack Johnson is the way to go.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Dock of the Bay. Not sure of the exact chords off the top of my head, but it's all barre chords in the E shape.
Quote by Natrone
Banana Pancakes
Flake
Bubble Toes
Breakdown

This. Banana Pancakes is the hardest

Jason Mraz too, Im Yours and Love for A child,
ummm
Ben Lee- Catch my desiase

cant think of any atm
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Try some John Frusciante, songs like Time Tonight and Dying Song started me off on Barre Chords I guess.

Jack Johnson is good and fun to play for that sort of thing, too.
Room on the Third Floor - Mcfly
Found a Way - Drake Bell

Crap songs but good for barre chords
Holiday by Green Day is a great way to learn barre chords.
An annoying, but extremely catchy song.
Above post may or may not be true.
I think it's a good idea to try and find songs with both open chords and barre chords in them.

This way you can practice switching between the two without a pause.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Check out my website. www.saskstrum.com Any of the Level 2 Songs are all suitable for beginners getting into barre' chords. I have also posted some lessons on barre' chords on my beginners page.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I think it's a good idea to try and find songs with both open chords and barre chords in them.

This way you can practice switching between the two without a pause.

But if you can't play them in the first place, then doing that is redundant. The way I see it, get it to where you can play barre chords with ease and switch between said barre chords, and then switching between open and barres will be much, MUCH easier than if you did that at first.

Playing a lot of barre chords increases your hand strength. Having greater hand strength will make chord switching easier. Plain and simple as that.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
are you looking for songs with just barre chords or are you trying to practice switching from open chords to barre chords and back?