I am planning on submitting the settings thread from GG&A as a column because we are no longer leaving it as a sticky. However since I think we are leaving it open instead of moving it to the archives, having it as a column would at least have it somewhere if the thread ever is pruned or something. So the thread would be as below:

Well folks, the mods of GG&A have decided that the Ultimate Settings Thread is no longer worthy of being stickied. As a result it has been decided that it would be helpful to have it as a column as well as a normal thread in the forum. So I present to you the column form!
XIFR'S GUIDE ON HOW TO EQ AND FIND YOUR OWN TONE

Amps generally have a three band eq, meaning bass, mid and treble. They sometimes have a fourth band, presence, which control frequencies above the treble range.

When you're eqing, start with all controls at noon, or 5. This is a point of no boost or cutting of the frequencies. Play it a bit and get used to the sound of the amp and see what needs to be added or taken away. It is best to do this listening (and this applies to listening in all further stages of this guide) in a band setting, because your sound changes drastically when you have other instruments. This is because you have to find your 'place'. Listen to 'Sweet Child of Mine' by Guns n Roses - when Slash comes in by himself at the start it sounds trebly and horrible, but then when the band comes in it fits the mix perfectly and has people all over the world trying to get this tone.

So anyway, you've got an idea now of what your amp sounds like, time to make some adjustments. Cut treble if there's too much, or cut bass if it's too boomy (don't be scared to cut heaps of bass, honestly, guitar requires pretty much no bass, even when you're playing rhythm - listen to some Van Halen to see what I mean. Ever wondered why the bridge pickup was so popular for rock?

This would probably be a good time to add in some 'mids'. The midrange is a frequency range roughly between 500 and 1000 hz. Remember when I talked before about finding your spot in the mix? This is the knob that does it. The guys who makes amps and speakers know this, and usually speakers are voiced with a mid 'hump' - that is, a boost in the midrange frequencies. This is how you not only get yourself heard without having to turn up too much, but without drowning out the other instruments too. Mess with this knob while you're jamming with your band to find the right balance between 'cutting through' and sounding too boxy or honky, or like an old transistor radio.

So there you have it, that should have you well on your way to getting a good tone. Use the below settings as a guide to get particular sounds, but remember that your gear is different and thus, they should be used more as a rough guide that a hard and fast way to get that particular tone.
REMINDER:
Not all amps are created equal, so keep this in mind when using these settings. Don’t look at them as a definite answer; look at them as a place to start. Some amps may have more mids inherent to the amp, so you may have to adjust accordingly. Same for other settings, make sure you adjust as it suits your amp. So now we can have some fun with settings and help one another out!
Numbers for settings are in numeric values out of 10, not clock positions. Let’s keep this standard to avoid confusion.

SETTINGS FROM THREAD HERE (see first few posts for what is listed)

Well that’s what we have currently. The thread is still alive and kicking so if you have a request feel free to ask here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660
A huge thanks goes out to everyone who has contributed settings for the thread and especially to which ones pink and WlCmToTheJungle for their help in compiling the settings from the last thread.

So basicly, any problem with this or does anyone see any glaring typos?
Any chance that we can break that down using genres as well? It would be easier to go through and your typical UGer will complain about it if it isn't there.
I am actually going to put it in alphabetical order or something before I submit it, because i think genre would be too hard. If done by genre I get the feeling that people would just argue about if so and so is considered metal or emo or punk or whatever I listed them as. It was something I thought about, wasnt really sure it would be better than alphabetical Just might take a few days to get it in order since its like 20 pages, but if you think genre would be better I can have a go at that.
No, alphabetical sounds like a good deal, just advise readers to use ctrl+f to find their favourite players. It will save time and complaints I'm sure. This is likely to be quite a popular piece I think.