does anyone know what kind of guitars are good for playing rage songs? I would want to get a guitar just like Toms arm the homeless but its custom made so i though i could just buy a guitar with a good rage sound but i don't know which guitar has this?
Probably a ibanez for the heavy sound, but most of the sound will come from the amp, and depending on the song a wah pedal
Quote by BoL7z
Probably a ibanez for the heavy sound, but most of the sound will come from the amp, and depending on the song a wah pedal

Or a whammy pedal, or a phase 90, or an MXR EQ, or a digital delay pedal, or a tremolo pedal.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Morello uses strats, telecasters, an ES335 and a kramer. I would probably go with something fairly universal like an ibanez with a coil split, but a digitech whammy & a wah pedal are very important for the solos.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by BoL7z

Whaaat?! You hold on to that

Morello uses mainly drop-d guitars, and you just need humbuckers, a good amp and a LOT of effects
Quote by Scutchington
Or a whammy pedal, or a phase 90, or an MXR EQ, or a digital delay pedal, or a tremolo pedal.

I think it's DOD EQ actually, and I think he gets his tremelo from his amp.

Quote by Sonny_sam
Morello uses strats, telecasters, an ES335 and a kramer. I would probably go with something fairly universal like an ibanez with a coil split, but a digitech whammy & a wah pedal are very important for the solos.

Doesn't he use a Les Paul aswell? Actually that might have just been with Audioslave.
stuff by epiphone, cuz u can dig into it and it wont really matter
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
Quote by aaciseric
I think it's DOD EQ actually, and I think he gets his tremelo from his amp.

Doesn't he use a Les Paul aswell? Actually that might have just been with Audioslave.

Nope, he uses a JCM800, no built in effects. He used a tremolo pedal for Gasoline by Audioslave, but for Guerrilla Radio by RATM, he uses a custom Vox guitar (cant recall the model) with built in effects.

And yes, he uses a Les Paul, he uses it sometimes during concerts for RATM, used it for Drop B Audioslave songs, and he's currently using it in Street Sweeper Social Club.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

Quote by aaciseric

He is using one now with Street Sweeper Social Club, but I don't recall him ever using one with Rage. I never really followed Audioslave seriousley so the only guitar I know he used from that era is the 'Arm the Homeless' strat.

Quote by Scutchington
but for Guerrilla Radio by RATM, he uses a custom Vox guitar (cant recall the model) with built in effects.

He uses an Ibanez archtop painted half red & half black for guerilla radio live.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by Sonny_sam
He is using one now with Street Sweeper Social Club, but I don't recall him ever using one with Rage. I never really followed Audioslave seriousley so the only guitar I know he used from that era is the 'Arm the Homeless' strat.

He uses an Ibanez archtop painted half red & half black for guerilla radio live.

Correct, but it was based on a Vox guitar. (like I said, I can't recall the model)

Also he never used a Les Paul for RATM, I confused myself, he actually used a Double Neck SG. Though he only played it on "The Ghost of Tom Joad" cover.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Probably a Vox organ guitar

Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Actually its based on a Vox Ultrasonic

Quote by RU Experienced?

i just got a washburn and it pretty nice for playing ratm..you can shred very good on it (alot of old solos by tom) and you got coil-tap to change your pick-ups from humbuckers to single coils - tom uses guitars with humbuckers (main-guitar has two emgs) or single-coils (telecaster for killing in the name)

but a LP would be nice...so you could killswitch without getting a killswitch build into your guitar
Last edited by hitl at Jul 1, 2009,