Hey guys any songs to practice 3 string sweep picking? preferably standard tuning please! I need to work on it ;D and it's even better if it has more than 3 strings through out the whole song!
The Leper Messiah solo has a small 3-string sweep section which is pretty simple, first and only sweep pattern I know
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison

That's where I learned how to sweep. All 3 string sweeps with maybe a 4 string every once in a while. Just take it slow.
Proghead and Proud
Quote by SchecterAbuser7

That's where I learned how to sweep. All 3 string sweeps with maybe a 4 string every once in a while. Just take it slow.

Thats a fun one. Its got pretty much every basic 3 string shape, if I remember right.
Altitudes by Jason Becker has a lot of 3 string sweeps, and it also has some 5 string sweeps that will help also.
Ya, I said it...

I'm a beast... you can't deny it.
theres an avenged sevenfold song that has an awsome sweep lick between the 12th and 15th fret. its drop d but the only so you dont have to go all the to the top of the nexk to hit the power chord. the lick it self it standerd
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I think Bleeding Mascara has them in the intro. but noones said it yet maybe it's 4. Have you learned to do it just with basic 'sweep shapes' yet? Can you make your own arpeggios?
Quote by SchecterAbuser7

It has a bunch of 3 strings, a 4 string, and a 6 string. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be played with alt. picking, not sweeps.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Fortunetely, you can still learn just about every 3 string arpeggio shape with it anyways : )
Proghead and Proud
There's a really cool D minor 3-string sweep in Kirk Hammett's Call of Ktulu Solo (Metallica). It's only a few measures, but it's really good to get started on 3-finger rolls (he rolls from F-A-D on 10th frets of the first 3 strings). Then he jumps up to a pull off from A-F (17th to 13th fret on high e) and picks a D on the 15th fret of 2nd string. Like I said, good to start out with 3-finger rolls, and it gets you jumping around the fretboard after a sweep. Practice sweeps SLOWLY and gradually increase speed.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by SchecterAbuser7
Fortunetely, you can still learn just about every 3 string arpeggio shape with it anyways : )

True enough. It will get your fingers moving either way.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
Altitudes by Jason Becker, simple shapes.

im currently learning Altitudes..the 3 string sweeps are really good for learning, in fact, they are the first things that i could ACTUALLY sweep, jason becker is AWESOME.

the rolling sweeps are a bit tricky for me anyway, and the 5 string sweeps are a tiny bit trickier...