if you set it to chromatic use the sharps which is just flats pretty much......
either way its bad - i dont know animals
I think this tuner works per note, not per string. So you have to get the right tone in the upper-right corner, then tune to the green light
its a chromatic. it's going to read in sharp intervals. so lets say you wanna go to Eb tuning, you're gonna have to convert it to D# tuning. same thing, but you're just gonna say sharp a lot more.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Antis0cial
I think this tuner works per note, not per string. So you have to get the right tone in the upper-right corner, then tune to the green light

Not every note follows with a b or a # only some do.
Quote by unicornfist
Not every note follows with a b or a # only some do.

its chromatic in sharps. it's going to read: A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#. so for standard tuning, you're gonna want the strings to read: EADGBE (low to hi). if you want Eb tuning(for example), you're gonna want the strings to read D#,G#,C#,F#,A#,D#

EDIT: each note should be in the green light. if its leaning sharp or flat, it means that the note is a few cents sharp or flat. unless you're going for Pantera tone (1/4 step), you're gonna always want to be lined up green.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by randomhero93
its a chromatic. it's going to read in sharp intervals. so lets say you wanna go to Eb tuning, you're gonna have to convert it to D# tuning. same thing, but you're just gonna say sharp a lot more.

It won't let me. I'm new to this and what I can see is that every letter SOMETIMES either have a b or a # next to it. For example, it go C, C#, D, Eb, E.

Notice it doesn't do all b or #?
Quote by randomhero93
its chromatic in sharps. it's going to read: A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#. so for standard tuning, you're gonna want the strings to read: EADGBE (low to hi). if you want Eb tuning(for example), you're gonna want the strings to read D#,G#,C#,F#,A#,D#

EDIT: each note should be in the green light. if its leaning sharp or flat, it means that the note is a few cents sharp or flat. unless you're going for Pantera tone (1/4 step), you're gonna always want to be lined up green.

That helped alot but I have one more problem. My tuner only reads D and A as is. Neither a b or a # come after them.
Quote by unicornfist
It won't let me. I'm new to this and what I can see is that every letter SOMETIMES either have a b or a # next to it. For example, it go C, C#, D, Eb, E.

Notice it doesn't do all b or #?

whenever it goes Eb, that's just another way of saying D# on a tuner. you have your guitar tuned to E standard, yes? well, try loosening the low E string to a C. watch the intervals as you tune. go down by half steps too, dont loosen it too quickly. then tune it back up. as soon as you understand what notes you need, using a chromtic tuner is quite the simplest thing ever.

EDIT: for the post above this. well, Eb=D# and Bb=A# so whenever you see those, think of what i just said.
Quote by pedromiles101
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by randomhero93
whenever it goes Eb, that's just another way of saying D# on a tuner. you have your guitar tuned to E standard, yes? well, try loosening the low E string to a C. watch the intervals as you tune. go down by half steps too, dont loosen it too quickly. then tune it back up. as soon as you understand what notes you need, using a chromtic tuner is quite the simplest thing ever.

EDIT: for the post above this. well, Eb=D# and Bb=A# so whenever you see those, think of what i just said.

Basically, E flat is Eb, G#, C#, F#, Bb, Eb correct?
If you know what you're tuning to, does it matter? You should remember how many 1/2 steps down or up from standard tuning you need to go.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by unicornfist
Basically, E flat is Eb, G#, C#, F#, Bb, Eb correct?

correct.
Quote by pedromiles101
just remember, your tuner's gonna read as followed: A, Bb, B, C, C#, D, Eb, E, F, F#, G, G#.
Quote by pedromiles101