Wonderwall?
Jumper - Third Eye Blind (the one off Yes Man )
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
look up some country songs

Wonderwall- Oasis
Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)- Green Day
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Go with the classics:
Sunshine of your Love-Cream
Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple
Everyone learns those, but what genre(s) do you like?
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
knockin' on heaven's door -- Bob Dylan/Guns and Roses/Eric Clapton/ and countless others

Play the original first, the Bob Dylan version...its just strumming simple chords. G, D, Am, then repeating those in that order for a long time.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
killing me softley - roberta flack
American pie - Don Mclean
tears in heaven - Eric clapton

try these aswell
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/ST-501-EasySongs1.php
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/ST-502-EasySongs2.php
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/ST-503-EasySongs3.php

9 songs on them 3 links all easy to learn
Yorkshire lad Born 'n' Bread.........And proud

Put on a smile and itll be alright
There's a thread for this (HERE!). But if you can't find anything there I'd learn what I learnt & I turned out just fine!

- James Bond (I'll submit the chords to this soon - It's Just: Em - 022000 for 1 or 2 strums.
Then another Em of some kind not sure what its called though - 022010 for 1 or 2 strums.
Then the last chord Em6 - 022020 for 1 or 2 strums.
Then back to the second Em (022010) for 1 or 2 strums, then repeat. (You can do either one strum or 2 strums on each chord, it don't matter, but dont do 1 strum, 2 strums, 1 strum, 2 strums stick to the same number of strums.) & Then repeated & then the cool riff (the riff can be found on here but not the chords so thats why ive told you how to play them. & this is instead of the --0-1-2-1- part.)

- La Bamba (Easy Chords - Easy G XX0003, Easy C XXX020, and D7 XX0212)

- Wonderwall (Em7 - 022033, G - 230033, Dsus - 000233 and A7sus4.) You'll have to look up the strumming pattern though.. I use dd -switch- ududu -switch- dd -switch- ududu (d = down. u = up.)

& then I just went off & played whatever tbqh. But that'll get you started!

Also try, Horse with no name by America (Em - 022000 and Dadd6add9 - 200200) Once Again you'll have to look up the strumming for that but I just do ddududu -switch- dudu (d = down. u = up).
Good Riddance (Time of your life) by Green Day (G - 230033, Cadd9 - 023033 and Dsus - 000233). The strumming for this is defiently dduudu dduudu* -switch -dduudu -switch- ddudu (d = down. u = up. *G is played for two measures in it so thats why it is repeated without switching).
And Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (C - X32010, Am XX2210, F - 133211 (Might wanna play simple version instead of barring - 003211 or my version 033210), G - 230003 and Em 022000). The strumming pattern is also dduudu -switch- dduudu -switch- dduudu -switch- etc.. It might not be right but thats what I use.

Most of these are on here as tabs so check them out for the correct order. All chords are in order of play but some come in half way through i.e: Hallelujah. The rest are fine though & are that just repeated. Also, check out youtube for how to play these! Many people are kind enough to put lessons up. Oh & Last but not least, check out justinguitar.com. He is a great teacher! And so is myguitarsage (who can be found on youtube!)

Have fun!
any 3 chord songs the first song i ever learned was la bamba simple chords u can switch up the struming once u get better to make the song sound cooler C F G... C F G... C F G F C F G
hey, I've started to play about 6 months ago and the first song that I've learned was "Hey There Delilah" by White Plan T's. It took me just one week to learn it.
Start Easy,

Come as you are - Nirvana
Knocking on Heaven's door - Bob Dylan
Wonderwall - Oasis
Here's a good list of songs pretty much anyone can play. My advice is to start with things anyone knows and can remember just off the top of their head so you don't have to keep stopping and going...wtf do I play next? Check out a good list of beginner songs here: http://www.guitarmasta.net/m/misc/ .

You might also want to check out the promotion in my signature for some good guitar lessons . Trust me, the price beats the hell out of anything you'd have from a mainstream teacher...
Wish You Were Here-Pink Floyd
Good Riddance (Time of your life)-Green Day
Fake Plastic Trees-Radiohead
Wonderwall-Oasis (capo required)
Comfortably Numb (The Chords)-Pink Floyd
High and Dry-Radiohead
Unintended-Muse

also, check out the "What Songs?!?" Thread. It's one of the stickies in the acoustic forum.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Basically most of the songs that people stated here already are fine. Focus on songs that are mainly composed of just simple chords and make sure you understand what the chords are and get the feeling of the strumming pattern. Doing these two things as you play these easy songs will get you farther than most beginners who just play without understanding what they're really doing.
everybody always says wonderwall (which is definately pretty easy) but I actually thought Live Forever by oasis was even easier. Maybe it's because I'm dyslexic and it uses only standard G-D-Am-C-D and Em chords instead of longer named A7sus4 etc. lol probably just me!
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
everybody always says wonderwall (which is definately pretty easy) but I actually thought Live Forever by oasis was even easier. Maybe it's because I'm dyslexic and it uses only standard G-D-Am-C-D and Em chords instead of longer named A7sus4 etc. lol probably just me!

For some people, yes, this is easier because they see the longer names and think that the chords are more difficult to play; They're not really that much different (most the time), they sound a lot different though. But if you get the general impression that longer chord names are more difficult...I'll tell you right now, don't try playing a lot of Jazz Stuff, or the song "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
For some people, yes, this is easier because they see the longer names and think that the chords are more difficult to play; They're not really that much different (most the time), they sound a lot different though. But if you get the general impression that longer chord names are more difficult...I'll tell you right now, don't try playing a lot of Jazz Stuff, or the song "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"

ya that's kind of it, but for me at least it's more that the longer names take some real thought to work out. I'm not quite at the point where I can just glance at them and know what to play like with the single letter major chords. It really must be the dyslexia with me I think because ya once I spend some time looking the chord up they are often very easy to play, like in Wonderwall. I just have a hard time memorizing the longer names I guess.
That happens to me all the time, I freak out when I see stuff like A7sus4 and maybe it's just a very easy chord with a very hard name , so I'm thinkin about to take a chord course or some lessons regarding that specific issue