hello,

at the moment i have to use my computer in safe mode because my computer comes up with the blue screen of death if i boot it up the usual way. can you please tell me how to reset my computer back to factory settings.

i have a:
acer 9300/7000 series...

thanks
save yourself some time, don't try to fix it, just reinstall windows

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Format and reinstall Windows.

Get a Windows OS disc, insert into the disc drive. If it doesn't do anything, hit DEL or F12 to access BIOS. In BIOS, there is a section where you can change the boot sequence order. Make your disc drive the first to boot. Then restart and it should read the disc.

Then select the hard drive and format it (it'll have instructions on screen). Then just reinstall.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Format and reinstall Windows.

Get a Windows OS disc, insert into the disc drive. If it doesn't do anything, hit DEL or F12 to access BIOS. In BIOS, there is a section where you can change the boot sequence order. Make your disc drive the first to boot. Then restart and it should read the disc.

Then select the hard drive and format it (it'll have instructions on screen). Then just reinstall.

Do this ^
If you're getting a blue screen, that has nothing to do with windows. It's a hardware error. Go into BIOS, and select "set fail safe defaults". Once you do that, reboot and go into windows. Problem should be solved, and you wont have to reinstall windows
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.