so i want to get a discussion going on baasswood bodies.

i personally love them! ive played through expensive mahogany bodys etc and found that my good old basswood guitars produced a tone much more pleasing to MY ears, and the weight of them is just right for me, i like to be able to throw my guitar around a bit, dominate it etc. plus most basswood guitars are usually cheaper than ones with more high grade wood.

so all in all id take a basswood guitar over a mahogany one anyday!

so what do you guys have to say?
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
heh heh, i just dont get it, for some reason i prefer basswood... im a bit odd really...

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
-.- woop de fooking doo its been done before and its being done now, for christs sake just cuz YOU were in on the last thread on it doesent mean everyone else in the world was. its not like its been done in the past day or something...

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
I actually always prefer basswood. Always have since i got my first schecter and heard how good it sounded compared to my mahogany.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
I'm with you. I prefer basswood.

Personally I think all the other woods are only good if you have a clear finish and can see the grain.
I love basswood. light and a very good sounding wood.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I perfer Basswood for power metal because it's a very balanced wood tonally.

Other than that mahogany for cleans/slight dirt and alder for definetion between notes.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
My current guitar uses basswood, I've noticed it seems a bit more less durable to damage than other woods, but I think it produces a nice tone for metal and it feels very light on a strap.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
i love basswood guitars, all my ibanezs are basswood, and my PGM is strangely REALLY light, i love it
meh opinions are just like assholes, everyone has one. and therefore everyone has an opinion on tone and what sounds good and what doesn't. therefore thread is just a pointless exercise in flaming each other.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
meh opinions are just like assholes, everyone has one. and therefore everyone has an opinion on tone and what sounds good and what doesn't. therefore thread is just a pointless exercise in flaming each other.

OK, so do you prefer basswood or not?
Alot of the best players use basswood, Satriani, Gilbert, Vai, because it's lightweight and is a very balanced sounding wood.

I like mahogany as well though.
Quote by srob7001
OK, so do you prefer basswood or not?

i don't prefer any woods i could use a guitar that came with any wood as long as it still sounded good.