So I'm playing at a folk festival on Saturday. I compiled a setlist of some upbeat kinda songs and slower ones that sound good on acoustic. Please check it out and tell me what you think. Also, feel free to add suggestions of good upbeat acoustic songs that could draw a crowd.

Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns N' Roses
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - Bob Dylan
Patience - Guns N' Roses
Working Class Hero - John Lennon
Hotel California - The Eagles
Take It Easy - The Eagles
Time - Pink Floyd
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Let It Be - The Beatles
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Get some freaking "Wish You Were Here" up in that list, yo.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Get some freaking "Wish You Were Here" up in that list, yo.

I did that one last week. I'm lookin for some new material
Quote by brandon369852
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera

Quote by classicrockboy
I did that one last week. I'm lookin for some new material

Define "new". Because sweet child o' mine, sweet home alabama and 90% of that list in general would count to me as turgid, overplayed pub-rock bilge.

It'd be nice to see some songs that haven't been covered half to death.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Stevie Ray Vaughan- CROSSFIRE!!!!! this is the folk festival so it's no good without SRV
Quote by timi_hendrix
Define "new". Because sweet child o' mine, sweet home alabama and 90% of that list in general would count to me as turgid, overplayed pub-rock bilge.

It'd be nice to see some songs that haven't been covered half to death.

i mean "new" as in stuff that i didn't play last week. and some suggestions would be nice.
Quote by brandon369852
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera

Baker street, more than a feeling, man of the world
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Folk festival, eh? Cocaine by John Martyn.
Half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard.
Quote by GT_Baller
Stevie Ray Vaughan- CROSSFIRE!!!!! this is the folk festival so it's no good without SRV

Good looking out...

Let's see... "Pride & Joy" really sounds great on acoustic and it just seems to get'em going at the beginning of a set and it sends a really fun vibe to the crowd in a festival atomsphere. Also some "Life By The Drop" to end a set works just as well.

Both those songs are really easy straight forward SRV songs that sound great on acoustic and are well worth learning. Let's not forget Stevie folks!

Classic Rock Boy, if you like Zeppelin you can't go wrong with ANY Zeppelin acoustic material... "Braun Yr Aur" (might take a bit to learn though), "Going to California" (especially if you have some string help), "Gallows Pole," "Over The Hills And Far Away," the list goes on and on. "Ten Years Gone" can even sound good on acoustic.

You probably don't have a lot of time though... so good luck... just have some fun with the set list and so will the audience.
~JP~