I have a jackson DKMGT, the guitar is very nice except for the tremelo/alt picking sounds horrible on it, like the strings are really loose and it just makes loads of noise..on my dean and ibanez rg7321 its fine..so is there something wrong with the jackson or is that how they are? is it fixable or should i just sell it and buy another similar guitar with better playability..or is it my fault and i have to learn to play it differently then the others? i cant get the sound right at all trem alt picking it just sounds really bad
I would have to hear what it sounds like. Guitars are all different, you probably just have to adjust your picking method a bit.
what amp are you playing it through?

i've got the version with the tremolo system and it sounds pretty awesome!
Top lel.
Quote by Vlasco
I would have to hear what it sounds like. Guitars are all different, you probably just have to adjust your picking method a bit.

yeah i'm thinking it might just be this as well
id sell it on ebay or amazon

i sold my jackson for the same problem but i got $175 for it at Guitar Center
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
See, I'm beginning to think, that, he may have changed gauges with a FR on his guitar, thus messing with the intonation and making the strings feel loose.
are you tuned down with light strings?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Your OP is really hard to understand but I took this from it. correct me if im wrong- Jackson's strings are loose, not the same as my other guitars,

Is your action real low?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Your OP is really hard to understand but I took this from it. correct me if im wrong- Jackson's strings are loose, not the same as my other guitars,

Is your action real low?

DKMGT is not a floyd rose btw! they feel loose yes..tuned to standard E with gauge 9 strings
Quote by VMegaDethV
DKMGT is not a floyd rose btw! they feel loose yes..tuned to standard E with gauge 9 strings

I dunno then. my best bet was a messed up intonation, but I guess I stand corrected.
Quote by VMegaDethV
yea i think it must just be the hard tail version

Then I vote sell it for an inflated price by lying and saying it has something custom on it or something...

Then buy a nice Schecter
what do you think it would be worth? its in great condition in the nice blue colour
Why would only alternate picking sound bad?

If it's loose the strings aren't tight enough, and if it's F'd up you won't get much money for it. So you should try fixing it.
you should ask the folks @ GB&C they'll help you out
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Quote by nan0
Why would only alternate picking sound bad?

If it's loose the strings aren't tight enough, and if it's F'd up you won't get much money for it. So you should try fixing it.

but i have no idea whats wrong
Quote by VMegaDethV
what do you think it would be worth? its in great condition in the nice blue colour

$679.99 - $899.99

I'd go for like, 700 flat if I were selling it.
i'm going to sell it on ebay and then just go into a guitar store and try lots of guitars out to see which one is for me, thanks guys
Quote by VMegaDethV
i'm going to sell it on ebay and then just go into a guitar store and try lots of guitars out to see which one is for me, thanks guys

wow, i'm surprised. most guys would just buy whatever looks good.

Glad to help you out
Quote by VMegaDethV
but i have no idea whats wrong

Read up on guitar repair and you will know.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Lol if he sells an F'd up guitar on ebay used for more than it's worth new, he's gonna get raped.