i have a lespaul studio and ive been wanting to put a wammy on it for i wile but i cant decide between the stetsbar or the bigsby wants ur veiws on the pros and cons on the 2 thanks
The Stetsbar will have much greater range and will not go out of tune.

The Bigsby can only go down, and is good for subtle vibrato i.e. Chet Atkins, but don't expect to get divebombs out of them. They tend to go out of tune with extreme use.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Stetsbar will have much greater range and will not go out of tune.

The Bigsby can only go down, and is good for subtle vibrato i.e. Chet Atkins, but don't expect to get divebombs out of them. They tend to go out of tune with extreme use.

almost. Bigsby's can go up or down, but only slightly. the limit i got to was about 1½ steps up or down.

EDIT: best example of EXTREME (ab)use of the Bigsby system, and therefore the limits, is Neil Young. check out his live stuff for examples. Cortez the killer, Powderfinger, Tonight's the Night(from Live Rust, not the album version), Down by the River and his guesting spot on "My Back Pages " by Dylan.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 1, 2009,
Setsbar for sure. I'm thinking of putting one on an Epi of mine. Also, you have to drill for the Bigsby, which wouldn't be good if you wanted to sell the guitar on later.
Powderfinger is epic.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I love Bigsbys.

Ive got one on my Tele, and it has something on it called a Vibramate. Its so that you don't have to drill into the guitar. You can buy one for a LP for like $40 bucks, and its super easy to install. They are like horseshoe shape for it and you just mount it. They're awesome.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!