If you grip correctly and it's still a problem, you can try scoring the pic on both sides with a razor, or you can use something like Gorilla Snot.
Hi, I'm Peter
When I'm playing live, I just take a towel and wipe my hands. But there is this stuff you can buy called gorilla snot
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
As mentioned above, you can use a knife to scratch grooves onto the surface of your pick. I like Ultex Jazz III's for their naturally grip-y surface
what kind of picks do you use? i never have problems with dunlop tortex ones. but i do with fender celluloid picks
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by fixationdarknes
As mentioned above, you can use a knife to scratch grooves onto the surface of your pick. I like Ultex Jazz III's for their naturally grip-y surface

+1

You can also take some sandpaper and rub it on the part that you grip. Some people take that tape you put on skateboards (I think that's what it is) and wrap their picks with that as well.
Last edited by MicahChaney at Jul 1, 2009,
Quote by MicahChaney
Some people take that take you put on skateboards (I think that's what it is) and wrap their picks with that as well.

Called griptape aka sandpaper.

You can glue that to the pick, or just some fine sand. You can slash it with a knife. You can get a Jazz III Ultex. You can wipe your fingers down when it gets slippery. Basically everything the previous posters have already said. One thing they haven't though is that I personally try to keep my hand loose and aerodynamic to let air in and keep sweat from forming in the first place.
I have a few picks with sandpaper on them. I don't know who makes them but they say cool and they cost a dollar a piece.
I believe its ibanez... not sure if they sell it in North America but i've got some from Malaysia and it seems to work... but my favourite is tortex, the natural plastic material never slips!
yeah tortex's rock for not coming out of you hand IMO threre some of the best picks around. there dry material soaks up your sweet and oil while your playing so they dont fall out. i use the red 53mm and yellow 81mm for some songs
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
I Just take a thumb tack, put it through the pick, and drive it into my thumb.

Wood screws also do the trick. If you use a machine screw, make sure to get a self-locking nut, and maybe a little Lock-Tite.
Hi, I'm Peter
Make sure you're holding it right first (although you can vary it but there is a general way that most people use). Then just carry it with you everywhere in your pocket, and whenever you can take it out and hold it, I don't think I've been more than arms length away from a pick since I started guitar (except the time when I was at the Who and I pulled some money out of my pocket for food and the damn thing fell out >< anyway just get used to it and you won't drop it. Watching TV, in a classroom, eating, talking, farting, whatever you're doing that doesn't need your picking hand, hold it. Then play your guitar and you'll get used to it. If it's coz you're getting sweaty, i dunno you not hardcore enough :P and DON"T HOLD IT TIGHTER the whole aim of guitar pretty much is to do everything looser but have a tight sound, holding the pick tighter =RSI, slower playing, less endurance