if you can get gripped picks, thats great. if not, then make sure you are holding it properly. theres nothing worse than a bad pick holding technique. so just keep playing, but hold the pick correctly
You've been playing for two years, you should be good at keeping control of your pick and not dropping it. Everyone does it occasionally, but is it like your doing it often to the point you can't finish playing a song or something? When my hands are sweaty I constantly drop my pick, but then I just wipe my hand on my shirt and I don't drop it anymore.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Go to your local music store and ask for Star picks.
I think they're made by Everly or something, they have a star shaped hole in the middle that really helps with grip.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
its not constantly at all, but its just a pain in the ass when it does happen. i just wondered if there is anything i can do to stop it.
Quote by rw3cja
its not constantly at all, but its just a pain in the ass when it does happen. i just wondered if there is anything i can do to stop it.

It WILL happen every once in a while. Nothing you can really do to stop it, and yea it does suck when you do drop it.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
if you don't use them, Buy Jim Dunlop USA Nylon picks that have grips on them. I've used them for over a year and since I started using them I rarely ever drop my picks. I'm using .73 mm picks right now and plan to upgrade to the .88 picks soon.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
you need a pick

a hole punch (what they use for putting holes in paper to put in a file)

a elastic band

and a washer big enough to go over your middle finger

make a hole in the pick with the punch and tie the elastic band to this hole, next tie the other end of the elastic band to the washer, now put the washer on your finger. voila that pick in going nowhere.

alternatively buy a pick holder and a load of picks like everyone else.
dava picks have good grips, ive been using the jazz ones that have rubber grip on the pick, works pretty good
~GEAR~
Dean Vendetta XM
Schecter Damien FR
SD 59/JB
Raven RG100H/RG412
Crate GT-15
Delta Lab Metal Distortion
Boss DS-1
Meastro Overdrive
DOD Tec8
EB STHB 10-52
Dava Picks